Android Auto retrofit

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by AppleBananaGigachadRatZoo, Jan 25, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Andream lists both MINI and BMW i3 as compatible vehicles, so I suspect it will work in an SE. Have you discussed SE compatibility with Andream on their chat line?

I was so happy to find the Bimmercode hack that activates the disabled AM radio tuner in the i3 also works in the SE. That similarity increases my confidence that the SE will be compatible with this device. I don't think BMW created a special head-unit for the SE; they just programmed out the AM radio available in other MINIs.

Texas22Step likes this.
  3. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

4. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

5. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

amtrucker22, ghost and Racejoe like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Louis W

Louis W Member

There's a note in the product listing that it's not compatible with BMW and Teslas, and so presumably it also wouldn't work in the MINI.

8. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Interesting. I had not seen that. Will have to try it and see for my/ourselves.

rob

9. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 New Member

After seeing this I ended up buying one. It looks like it requires 'wired' CarPlay which my 2023 SE does not have. I will be sending it back. The price was definitely right, and I was really hoping that it would work out!

10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    All it is is a Bluetooth/wifi dongle that completes the handshake between the phone and a wired-CarPlay-only system.

amtrucker22 likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.