Android Auto pauses Pandora

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by peterkronenberg, May 17, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. peterkronenberg

peterkronenberg New Member

I'm having a problem when using Pandora through Android Auto. Frequently, when one song ends, the next song is paused. I have to to go the Pandora screen (via Android Auto) and hit play.

I've been using Pandora for years through my Honda Accord Pandora interface. And on the Clarity, everything works fine through the Clarity's Pandora interface. I only see this problem when using Android Auto's Pandora interface.

Anyone else seeing something like this?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Snargleblarg

Snargleblarg New Member

I know this is an old post, but thought I would share my experience. This began happening to me also, earlier in the year after t- mobile pushed out an update.

I had previously been using pandora flawlessly on my Samsung galaxy s7 with wired connection to Android Auto in my VW Golf. After the t- mobile update I often see the music pause at the end of a song. Not every time. About every 2 songs.

My car display gave no clues but I noticed that my phone screen would pop up a message like "Pandora has paused your music while your voice is muted"

I normally keep my "Media" volume muted because I don't want to accidentally start a video or app and interrupt a meeting. Android Auto doesn't use the "Media" volume setting so that's cool. But apparently now Pandora gets confused during Android Auto usage and checks the wrong mute setting to determine whether to pause.

My temporary solution has been to move my "Media" volume to 1 tick above mute.

JJim likes this.