Android auto finnicky

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by cyberteen, Jun 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

I am having trouble to get android auto working consistently on my 2020 base clarity

Few times it shows up on the infotainment properly without any hiccups . Other time, like today, it won’t simply show up on my screen. Tried restarting car, my phone, waited for few minutes after the car started, after connecting the cable. Nope. It simply won’t come up.

What’s going on here.? I even bought brand new cables from amazon. Anyone facing similar issues.?

Are you folks having any tips tricks to make it work reliably.?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It's very cable dependant (and even with great, short, Anker cables, the best I've found, it still occasionally disconnects)

cyberteen likes this.
  4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

You need to find a magic cable that works. In my case I went through several, a few of which are just fine for 20 Gbps UAS Flash drives on my desktop but didn't work for the car, and ended up with this one (A->C, obviously won't work on old Micro-B phones) that has worked reliably with two different phones.

cyberteen likes this.
  5. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Can you share the link again.? Seems to be broken. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The link worked for me. It took me to this product (maybe you can search it):
    AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB-A Male 3.1 Gen2 Adapter Charger Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) - White

cyberteen likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

cyberteen likes this.