Alternate home screen

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, Feb 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Relatively new owner of Kia Niro EV, and I have a (embarrassing) question - is there any way to change the default Home screen on entertainment system? Each time I start the car, there's a fairly useless, almost completely blank screen. I usually want to start playing the radio, so I have to swipe that screen, select Radio icon, etc. Same process to see the nav map.

My Kia Soul EV would always start with nav on left side and radio on right side of screen. No need to fumble with setting it up each time I drove.

Am I missing something really simple? Or am I just being extra picky and should just accept things as is?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Crash

Crash Member

Not that I am aware of. Someone educate us.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna New Member

I can't speak to that since I'm also relatively new to Niro EV but, if you want to go to the radio or nav, just press the hardware buttons for that.

I normally just plug my phone in and press the star button which I have set to go to CarPlay (or was it projection?). I tend to cycle thru the stereo bands/modes via a button on the steering wheel.

(I've not owned nor leased previous HyunKias and the infotainment system is nothing like that of my former '19 Bolt or '13 Leafs... At least the Bolt had CarPlay whereas the '13 Leaf was built almost a year before CarPlay was announced by Apple.)

5. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I guess it was doing that because I turned my radio off before I shut the car off. I realize now that if I keep the radio on when I shut the car off, the old display (Nav plus Sirius radio) screens automatically re-appear when I turn the car on again. Everything's fine.

6. David Veeneman

David Veeneman New Member

I used to have the home screen stay the same as the status when I turned off the car. But, after updating firmware, now I have the problem you stated in your original post. What version MAP do you have? Version 13xxx worked fine. V 14xxx acts like the problem you stated.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I'm using V14xxx. The problem seems to come and go. As I mentioned, if I keep radio on when I turn the car off, then the nav and radio screen seem to reappear correctly the next time I start the car.