All the EVs coming to the US in 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Jan 4, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. There are around 18 new electric vehicles (including a few deep refreshes) coming to the US this year. We talked about them on the InsideEVs Podcast, and now we've collected them into an article so you look through the list at your leisure.

(the Hyundai Ioniq 5 N made it onto this list, though technically it's not a new car, really)
    Here Are All Of The New Electric Cars Launching In The US In 2023

Hyundai Ioniq 6 | Hyundai Kona Electric | Hyundai Ioniq 5 N | Kia EV9 | Genesis Electrified GV70 | Chevrolet Silverado EV | Chevrolet Blazer EV | Chevrolet Equinox EV | GMC Hummer EV SUV | Tesla Cybertruck | Tesla Roadster | Nissan Ariya | Polestar 3 | Audi Q8 e-tron and Q8 e-tron Sportback | Lexus RZ 450e | Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV | Fisker Ocean |
    Not in the article (yet) is the Vinfast VF8.

If you believe we've missed some, please mention in the thread below.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    GetOffYourGas and interestedinEV like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. shepdave

shepdave New Member

The Hyundai Kona Electric is new?

4. It's quite deeply refreshed, so it made the list. The Same with the Audi Q8 E-Tron, which also is a deep refresh and was previously know as just the Audi E-Tron.

shepdave likes this.
  5. shepdave

shepdave New Member

Is there a refresh of the Kia Niro EV? I’d think if the Kona got a refresh, the Niro would as well.

6. The Kia Niro EV got its refresh last year and the new model is already at dealers.

shepdave likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. shepdave

shepdave New Member

Excellent. I think that means I have the “new” one (2022). It’s a great car.

9. If it looks like this, yep.
    2023-kia-niro.jpg

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Where, oh where... Let me start again.
    When, oh when, will MINI figure out US customers will continue wanting small, sporty EVs?

It's too bad BMW didn't think it was a good idea to build MINI Electrics at their Greer, South Carolina, complex (near Spartanburg, SC).

Due to the enormous import tariff the US imposes on vehicles from China, it would seem impossible to set a reasonable price for the still-to-be-unveiled 2024 Chinese-built MINI Cooper SE. It will be interesting to see if the two versions of the Zhangjiagang SE are a big success in the Chinese market.

Does Great Wall Motor have a deal with BMW not to make a more powerful version of their Ora? Ora Good Cat, Ora Funky Cat, Ora Hao Mao--the Ora variants just keep on coming. This one has both "smart and beauty." It also features "coffee intelligent ecology!" I find it so amusing GWM named their electric platform, "L.E.M.O.N."

upload_2023-1-4_13-29-48.png

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Lemon in Dutch is citroen for what it's worth.

electriceddy and shepdave like this.
  14. Yes, in this case they actually mean 2024.

15. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Did stuff from VW not make it in, or is none of it new?

_H*

16. I don't believe they have a new model reaching US dealers in 2023.

17. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I've already seen a couple of the new ones on the road here in Hawaii. EV6s are becoming common as well.

electriceddy and Domenick like this.