Alarm system

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GloMini, Apr 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GloMini

GloMini New Member

Just got my production # and its siting at SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION YAA :) wonder how long it will take to move off that point. On to my alarm question I was looking at my build and noticed it has an Alarm credit does that mean I can get an alarm on my mini–SE I ordered the Ican package?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. sage major

sage major New Member

I think it means you don't get an alarm and they are going to give you a credit off the cost. Mine has been in today's the day production starts for a week now.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did your heated steering wheel slip past the "nope, we're giving you credit instead" supply-chain barrier?

5. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

Got a credit for both the heated steering wheel and the security system. My Mini is due to arrive mid-summer. Not bueno.

6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

72AA5B13-A1BA-4C32-A60A-9A56EFA4D23F.jpeg 817604C9-975C-406A-81D1-680B7F8C2578.jpeg Heated steering wheel is good for northern climate in California is useless who is stilling SE a cheapest car on a market if you have an alarm no help they taking Ferraris from garage what you guys worry about it .You save $500 on alarm.Chain a car to telephone pole.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

CB1797D7-43A7-435E-8BC3-386DFAE1CF17.jpeg

9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The SE doesn't have audible remote lock/unlock without the alarm system.

h-dogg and SameGuy like this.
  10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Tbh, I don’t remember the last time I used remote locking/unlocking on any of our cars, or for “locating” my car in a lot. Now with keyless entry, it’s even less likely that I’d ever need a remote chirp to confirm I’ve locked up.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

Same for me so you are not alone :) my hubby’s last and current cars both doesn’t has alarm… but I guess you can probably get it after market if needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

13. seanz

seanz New Member

Also just finished my reservation yesterday. Problem is that alarm credit of -$350 does not apply to the build anymore, it shows up in the spec but no actual dollar amount is deducted. My salesman says it is either MINI could potential add the alarm system or the iconic trim becomes $3,350 more than sig+.

14. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

In my experience the actual dollar amount for the alarm credit didn't show up until my build went into production. Once it did the build sheet started showing the $350 credit.

toomoody likes this.
  15. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Well, with no alarm system, I guess I now have a use for "The Club" that I still have in my shed from the '90s.

16. toomoody

toomoody New Member

Do you have to get an updated build sheet from the dealer? Or is there a way to see that online. My build sheet is from before it went into production and shows the credit for the heated steering wheel but not the alarm.

17. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

I saw the Alarm Credit on MINI My Garage. Once my car entered production I requested a new build sheet from my dealer which confirmed it with the dollar amount.

toomoody likes this.
  18. GloMini

GloMini New Member

Does anyone know about aftermarket alarms I can add after I get my mini?

19. BiggieSmall

BiggieSmall Member

You guys seriously still use a car alarm? The alarm credit is found money for me tbh.

I would have liked the heated steering wheel though…even though I’d barely use it (SoCal here), it would have been my first car that had one.

polyphonic likes this.
  20. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Neighbor family of four dummies owns five beaters and they are the only folks on the street who set their alarms… and they go off randomly all. The. Time.

21. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Speaking of alarm, I had a weird thing with my SE yesterday. I do not have an alarm in my 2021 SE (no audible remote car lock notice option), but I did something while locking my SE from the handle that cause my horn to go off. It sounded like an alarm warning, but only went off twice (and scuttle lights flashed), instead of a continuous noise I'd expect from an alarm. I did not know my SE had the capability of making warning noises.

azausa likes this.
  22. Do you remember the sequence of actions that you did to trigger the horn?