Aftermarket wheel change for EV SUV

Discussion in 'General' started by patrickistan, Feb 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. patrickistan

patrickistan New Member

I’m considering a new set of aftermarket wheels for my 2021 BYD Song Plus EV (I’m based in China). I wanted to see if anyone could help me understand what to consider when changing wheel styles. My stock rims are 19” (235/50R19), and my thoughts were to keep the same size and even change over the tires to the new wheels. The wheels I’m looking at are considerably lighter than my stock wheels (24lbs/wheel vs 40lbs/wheel). Will that be beneficial to my car’s overall performance (distance per charge). Should I be cautious of the extra weight my EV has compared to a gas car that the wheels might normally go on? I tried choosing a wheel that was a bit more aerodynamic (less open) to try and maintain overall efficiency.

Any advice on what to look out for would be appreciated. Most of the other posts I’ve found in this forum involve upgrading size along with wheel style. I think for now I’ll stick with the original size, so hopefully this helps lead to a different discussion and advice from y’all.

I’ll attach a pic of the wheels I’m looking at.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.