Adding apps to car

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by glockgirl, Mar 8, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl Member

Has anyone figure out what kind of apps can be added? I see the app installer option. It's asking for apk file in root directory. I'm not sure what kind of apps I can add. I have see where ppl have hacked a similar version of this on accord and were able to add YouTube, and other apps. I have a 4hr drive coming up and would like to have some entertainment besides music. 1520529250267.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

Do you use Android Auto on your phone? That can be hacked to add YouTube.

glockgirl likes this.
  4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

There already is a browser through which you can access youtube. However I don't believe you can use anything except WiFi so you'd have to set your phone to be an access point.

I found the whole thing to be very slow. I tried youtube on our home WiFi and it didn't have the horsepower to do it.

turtleturtle and glockgirl like this.
  5. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

That is why you use the Android Auto trick on your phone instead of the head unit. Your phone will probably be way more powerful than the car.

bfd likes this.
  6. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Just noticed VLC is supported, does that mean we can watch video that is in the phone on the car's screen?

Edit: ok, looks like it will only play audio, no video

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bfd

bfd Active Member

To me this part of the system is always disappointing. Didn't ever work well on a Toyota, doesn't seem to be any better for a Honda. It seems like something the carmakers could actually do right if they tried. It's probably a good thing. The more distractions there are on that consoleā€¦

9. Hazem Abu Asab

Hazem Abu Asab New Member

I used Honda hack and it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2020