A/C Self Diagnostics Test Procedure

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Arctiic, Jan 25, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Just an FYI, I just came across this myself earlier today:

"Press and hold the ON/OFF button, then within 10 seconds press and release the REAR Window Defogger button five times. The self-diagnostic function will begin.
    NOTES
    • The blower motor should run at various speeds when in the self-diagnostic mode.
    • If there are no problems detected, the error status shows Normal and the number of errors reads 0.
    • If there are any problems in the system, the A/C Error Display screen will indicate them. Select the previous/next icon to confirm the DTCs. To determine the meaning of the indication, refer to the table in the service information."

Daniel M W and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Enter IDDQD on your screen and your battery will last forever

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Wait a minute--I googled that:

IDDQD is a cheat code in the 1993 game Doom. It sets the player's health to 100% and makes them immune to damage, also known as "god mode" or "degreelessness".

Was the Clarity also programmed by id Software?

5. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Couldn't get it to work...i pressed and held fan on/off button (entered on mode) then pressed and released rear window defog button 5 times. System just ran as normal

6. I definitely did get this to work myself, but admittedly it took me several attempts to do so. I'm unsure what the difference was, but it did eventually succeed.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I've just tried it again and got it to work several more times. Try having the A/C system on when you initially depress the On/Off button so that it turns off; that way, if it turns back on it is immediately apparent that the input sequence was successful. Note that the A/C temperature dials will not be functional during the test sequence, and that the test result overlay will not load until after the test sequence has been completed.

insightman likes this.
  9. NorCalPete

NorCalPete Active Member

I just tried it following your steps (starting with A/C system on) and it worked. Thanks for sharing this.