3400 miles... so far extremely pleased

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Nov 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I've put only 3400 miles on this car so far, but I am very happy with its performance thus far. All I hoped for and then some. Burned about 20 gallons of gas on road trips. Just don't deplete the battery before going into HV mode and you rarely even hear the gas engine running. Just thought I'd post a positive thought, since we see a lot of negative. I have had no updates to the car, so I have the HV miles overstatement, have had the Charging error on Chargepoint chargers, and have the Dash Christmas tree a couple of times. I'm still not sure I will let Honda update the car, just on the paranoia that they will mess something up. The "quirks" really don't bother me enough to risk anything. I can estimate how many HV miles I actually have, and whenever the other stuff sticks its head up, it resets pretty quickly anyway.

dnb, Brian Harrison and KentuckyKen like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Robert_Alabama

Right there with you. I brought my Clarity into the dealer for the EVCT water valve replacement and asked them "please do not apply any other updates". But alas, they did anyway so I am at the mercy of the software.

As with most makes and models...most folks have a good experience sans the few nuances that come with any car. The Clarity thus far has proven to be a nice, decent vehicle and well worth the price. Hopefully those with major issues get them resolved.