2024 MINI Cooper SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Qisl, Apr 11, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

Looks like MINI USA is advertising the new 2024 MINI SE, and it has side scuttles.

And through 1-may, the 2023 is available with only 2.99% APR financing, for in stock vehicles.

MichaelC and nowkent like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I don’t think the '24 is the J-series, it’s still an F56 AFAIK.

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Definitely still the F56, you can tell by the current tail lights. The J01 is supposedly to be unveiled in November, so I guess in the US it will be a 2025 model if it makes it here. It is interesting if you go to the MINI USA build page all trims of the SE have a "limited availability" disclaimer.

MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  5. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Yeah, the J-series will be available starting in 2024... but (at least in this market) we call that the 2025 model year.

I wonder if in the UK they call it the 2024 or 2025 MINI.
    Sometimes they do things a bit differently (like including the hatch in the door count for the "3-door hardtop").

6. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure in the UK the model year and production year are the same. Which makes sense in some ways, but it also means a 2013 hardtop in the UK could be either an R56 or an F56.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

Bummer. I was hoping to have another year to convince friends that the Cooper SE is the EV to purchase. But with limited availability, that's probably not the case.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Why would it take a year? Do they drive your SE and then say, "I dunno..."? I'd use the limited availability warning to spur them to buy now rather than regret later.

10. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

I think in the US we'll call it the 2027 or 2028 model year.