2024 Ionic 5N gets a rear wiper

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by electriceddy, Mar 16, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Finally... possibly an option available with regular Ionic 5
    [​IMG] Also equipped with Drift Optimizer when selected in N mode
    "We're confident the combined maximum output of the Ioniq 5 N's two motors will be very close to 450kW. Though it will weigh around 2.5 tonnes, its 0-100km/h time will be in the vicinity of 3.5 seconds.":)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

OMG! Hyundai admits they were wrong about aerodynamics keeping the rear window clean. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the meeting where it was decided to finally add the much-needed wiper. It should have at least been an option from the start.

What's next cats sleeping with dogs, the Model 3 getting an instrument panel (or HUD) in front of the driver?

Domenick likes this.
  4. ironic ioniq

ironic ioniq New Member

if you run your hand along the top of the black area on the spoiler, you will feel the problem with the lack of clearing. The edge of the spoiler is design to push the air upward, rather then downward, hence no down force. How that go thru wind tunnel testing without someone noticing the error is beyond comprehension.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I am not sure either, but there is a rainwater channel/grille? That's probably why they flipped it up.

hyundai-ioniq-5-really-needs-a-rear-wiper-aerodynamic-studies-reveal_2.jpg

6. MJ53

MJ53 New Member

I’m hoping someone will come up with an aftermarket rear wiper for the I5. I’ll be first in line!

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.