2023 SE Countryman Floor Mats?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by AlexGoes, Nov 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

Hello. I have combed through posts and cannot find floor mat recommendations for the 2023 MINI Cooper SE **Countryman**.
    - WeatherTech makes laser-cut versions for the 2022 SE Countryman, but reviewers state that the pegs/holes (to hold the mats in place) aren’t measured correctly.
    - The 3D Kagu All-Weather Custom Fit Floor Liners are available for model year 2022, but they don’t specify SE.

Do 2022 SE Countryman floor mats fit 2023 models? Do combustion engine Countryman floor mats fit the SE/PHEV models?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure, but I'd wager yes to all questions.

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Going to ShopMINIUSA.com and selecting 2023 SE PHEV Countryman shows floor mat options. Seem to be the same part numbers as for 2022 Countryman.

SameGuy and insightman like this.
  5. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

Thank you.

6. I can attest that the Weathertech floor mats fit well in my 2015 Countryman and the peg/holes are in the right place but the pegs themselves are a poor design. They won't stay in place and are harder than hell to insert. Looking at the pictures of the 2022 SE mats -no 2023s are listed - the pegs look the same. I have seen Weathertech mats for other makes and the retention system is much better - not sure why they went with the peg design they did for the Mini

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I have WeatherTech mats in my other cars, and I like them very much, but my SE has my first set of 3D Kagu mats, and so far they are superior in almost every way. The back is a kind of hook material that grips the car’s moquette tenaciously, while the front is textured and patterned like a textile or weave, and doesn’t look dirty after months of use — unlike most black thermoplastic, rubber, and polyurethane mats that get scuffed the moment you step in.

insightman likes this.
  9. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

Thanks! We have had them for years in our other car and we’re surprised by the reviews on the MINI version.

10. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

I had read others’ positive remarks on these mats in other posts. I was all set to order them and then noticed their fit comment that the mats don’t fit the plug-in hybrid. IMG_1929.JPG

11. chrunck

Is the backseat different in the Countryman SE vs the ICE models? It doesn't have that warning for just the fronts.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

Our salesperson noted that the SE rear seats do not move forward and backward as in the ICE. In addition, the seats sit a bit higher due to the battery. Additionally, the MINI floor mat part numbers are all the same for 2022 vs 2023 as well as SE vs ICE. Given those data points, my guess is that 3D Kagu rear center piece does not work for the SE.

I ended up ordering the full set of 3D Kagu mats. My hope is that the mats work with the possible exception of the rear center piece. I will report back.

SameGuy likes this.
  14. SameGuy

YUL
    If you don’t often ride four-up, and unlike my OCD, yours doesn’t kick in too easily, you could use the 3D mats in front, and more mundane mats in the rear, just to protect the carpet when you have the occasional passengers back there.

AlexGoes likes this.
  15. chrunck

This was my exact thought.

AlexGoes and SameGuy like this.
  16. SameGuy

YUL
    The Kagu mats for the F56 don’t go over the “tunnel,” but I believe their site shows a separate rear tunnel mat for the F60, unlike Weathertech’s one-piece “over the hump” design.

47105CA3-A59C-4A60-89D4-98CFF2E9D6C3.jpeg 552EABEE-AEB3-48C3-8076-D1AA5631474B.jpeg

AlexGoes likes this.
  17. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

My OCD runs as fast as a MINI JCW Hardtop.

SameGuy likes this.
  18. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

The Kagu mats are so aesthetically appealing, I figured that they’re worth it even if I scrap the center piece. We’ll see. Thanks!

SameGuy likes this.