2023 Mini Cooper SE Signature - Adding White Mirror Caps & Stripes

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moncureww, Mar 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Hello from Washington, DC! At the beginning of the month I ordered a BRG Mini Cooper SE Signature edition. Because the 2023 Sig comes only with one single color for the body, mirror caps, and roof, I want to install white mirror caps, a vinyl-wrapped roof, and "racing stripes" after the car comes in to give it a little more personality.

What would be folks' recommendation for making the roof and mirror caps white, and adding stripes?

My thought right now is to have a local vinyl-wrapping shop do the roof, apply factory stripes (or have them done @ the dealer) then order mirror caps in white from Mini.

Does anyone have any better ideas or experience with this?

Thanks!

wessy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi. Sorry I can't give you any advice on this but I'm wondering how you managed to order the Signature edition for a 2023 when the "Build-Your-Own" on the Mini USA website shows only the Signature Plus and the Iconic trim levels.

moncureww likes this.
  4. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I ordered my vehicle with a $250 deposit on Sunday March 5th on the website / configurator, and confirmed my build on the 6th at the dealer and it was placed into Mini's order bank that day. It was, at that point, still allowing me to use 2022 color choices on the configurator for some reason. When I went to the dealer the Monday morning after I placed my order, they told me that if I wanted a white roof I'd need to upgrade to Sig+ since they did away with the white roof and mirror caps on the base model in 2023. At that time there was still availability of the regular Signatures (they may still be if you confirm a build at your dealer), so I ordered a 2023 Sig in British Racing Green with black leatherette - and it came only with the heated steering wheel delete. I asked my dealer rep and the GSM if I were to choose a higher trim level would it come any faster, and they told me that regardless of the trim I chose, they would take the same amount of time.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan, the mirror caps are apparently easy to remove. Dealer might be able to do your roof, too. MINI's got roof graphics on their site.

6. Interesting. I'll try working with a dealer to see if the Signature trim is still available for the 2023. Thanks!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I have the same issue. I haven't found a place where you can source white mirror caps for recent MINI's. The official store only has things like union jack caps and non-OEM sites only have the older rounder caps. Vinyl stripes are supposed to be cheap and easy and simple to take off if you don't like them, so I was going to try to do that myself. At the moment, I am leaning toward something like these offset viper stripes over bonnet stripes. If I got that route, I will probably just leave the roof green (unless someone tells me you can wrap the roof at a pretty low cost).

moncureww likes this.
  9. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking initially of wrapping the roof, but I ran across these -the Sport Stripes Body Kit in white - https://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/2175/SPORT-STRIPES-BODY-KIT-WHITE at the mini website and I thought they would look just as good for less of a cost than wrapping the roof on my BRG mini. My local vinyl wrapping shop said they could possibly wrap the mirror caps, or I could always have a friend who owns a body shop prep and paint them for me to match if I drop them off at his shop when I go on vacation. My local vinyl shop indicated they could wrap the roof for approx or just under $500. I'm not sure I want to spend that much, but if I have some extra cash when i I get the car from the sale of my current car, I may consider it.

10. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Easy for me to say…

I suggest leaving the roof and mirror caps BRG, and doing the full length white Viper stripe either on center or off center.

If you still want to change the mirror caps, I think black would make the white stripe stand out even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

moncureww likes this.
  11. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Man - I love your advice! That's where I'm going to go with this, for sure.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Can I get yellow mirror cups for 2022 SE OEM or I should use a wrap bc my English Racing Green is getting yellow everywhere. Brake calipers ,mud flaps,and more when I came up with good ideas.Thanks Puppethead

wessy likes this.
  14. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

The yellow mirror caps aren't available, already checked into it. Option is paint or wrap, or find someone willing to swap like I did :)

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Thank you for it you lucky one

CoachCookie likes this.