2023 Ioniq5 Color Selection Phantom Black vs Atlas White

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by IONIQ5WCS, Dec 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. IONIQ5WCS

IONIQ5WCS New Member

Hi, my dealer has 2 Ioniq 5 Limited in transit, one in Atlas White and one in Phantom Black.
    I need to pick one, the prices are the same. I believe the Phantom Black is metalic which should wax up nice and look good in the sun, howver Im told that black cars show dirt my easily. Does anyone know if the Atlas White is a metalic or Pearl or flat? Unfortunately neither color is in the lot, any feedback would be appreciated.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I once heard that black isn't a color for cars, it's a lifestyle. They're dirty seconds after you finish washing them. I've owned only one black car for that reason.

IONIQ5WCS likes this.
  4. Check this video @ 2:40:

IONIQ5WCS likes this.
  5. insightman

This dealer no longer has a black I5 in the showroom because the staff got tired of mopping up the water after washing it every hour.

teslarati97 and electriceddy like this.
  6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

It's a love/hate relationship with black vehicles. If you are someone who uses the foaming brush at a coin operated car wash, then black is not for you.

IONIQ5WCS and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

I wash my cars by hand--frequently washing a black vehicle the size of an Ioniq 5 would be extremely daunting. That said, I love the look of a clean, black vehicle. I smile and nod knowingly to the driver every time I see one.

IONIQ5WCS and teslarati97 like this.