2023 EV6 GT Line

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Ankh, May 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ankh

Ankh New Member

I took delivery of my above model in March of this year. Still getting acquainted with it (my first electric vehicle). In general, I really love it. I think Kia has done a great job with this market entry. The standard against which it's judged, fortunately, or unfortunately is Tesla.
    While Tesla, as a concept has always impressed me, I've never really been a fan. I think the concept was basically driven by the engineering ethos, leaving fitment and design largely wanting. Also, its birth was outside the standard car manufacturing model as well, so direct comparisons are problematic.
    While I felt I really paid up for the EV6 ($61K), I'd have had to spend @ least $10K more to get similar fitment, options & appointment on a Tesla, Polestar, or similar upper echelon models.
    The matte gray paint is killer. The body styling is muscular and voluptuous at the same time. While it doesn't have autonomous drive capability, it has all the essentials, should Kia decide to enter that arena. I'm not a tech nerd, so much of the bells & whistles are lost on me. Indeed, the level of distraction and sensory overload is dangerously overwhelming @ this point, though I'm getting accustomed.
    I decided to have a little fun with the charger station I installed, as it had to be sited across the drive from my house. Hopefully the appended pics will be accessible to all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Ankh

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

For similar money, you could've gotten a Cadillac Lyriq, a true luxury car, with 307 of range in the AWD version, and mid-4's 0-60. Your car is one second faster to 60, but goes 100 fewer miles on a charge. There are pros and cons of each, but a Korean product still seems overpriced for what you get. Enjoy the cargasms.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm bummed I can't see the photos of your new EV6. I see only 4 broken [​IMG]

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Those who need long range can get an EV6 that goes 310 miles on a full charge. It sounds like @Ankh is satisfied with the level of luxury and enthusiastic about the looks of his EV6. I wonder if the much longer Lyriq was even in the running when @Ankh was choosing an EV?