2023 BMW Group Annual Conference - J01 in camo

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by teslarati97, Mar 15, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

You can see the J01 in camo from 26:47 to 27:18. WLTP in the fine print is probably the current F56 SE ratings.

bucoshi and CuriousGeorge like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The final form of the J01 is promising looking, much better than those supposed spy shots from China.

But BMW is wasting effort on hydrogen? Sheesh. As I was telling someone yesterday, BEV has the momentum so even if hydrogen was better it's going to be a VHS vs. BetaMax situation: it's not about better it's about adoption.

4. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

That camo is much more interesting than the yellow and black!

JonR likes this.
  5. teslarati97

There's a place for hydrogen fuel cell, but it's for really large vehicles like semis, trains, buses, or planes.

Everything really is contingent on the efficiency of water electrolysis and ammonia conversion efficiencies. There's approximately 39.4kWh in 1kg of hydrogen, but it would take 85-218kWh of electricity equivalent (round-trip efficiency is like 18%-46%) overall.

6. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Hydrogen has potential in trucks and heavy equipment. At this point bmw has been developing it for 30 years and some manufactures still are. I guess they don’t want to fall behind.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Aircraft will slowly move to E fuel. There isn’t anything on the horizon for hydrogen from the usual suspects and it will be 10 years min before a small 10-15 seater Electric plane is possibly certified.

teslarati97 likes this.
  9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

How much extra will I have to pay to add a scoop to that little hood?

upload_2023-3-15_22-19-31.png

CoachCookie and bucoshi like this.
  10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    What kind of scoop?:p

11. SameGuy

YUL
    Weird that the SE in the row behind the “camouflaged” i5 is a 2021, pre-LCI model. I guess they wanted a MINI that looks more “electric” (or as he says, “Behvf”) than the current version.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    Also don’t like that the graphs on the big screen behind him mimic the boomerang dash displays of the current, uglysnout Bimmeren.

14. SameGuy

YUL
    I can’t tell if the Dee concept is intended to be a nod to the 70s BMW 02 or CS, or to '60s American pony cars (F-body Firebirds and A-body Barracudas, especially)…

15. teslarati97

Mostly due to the nature of the E ink panels. They don't bend very well so the surfaces were made flat to compensate.