2022 UK model 64kwh charging issue.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by James Manning, Jun 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. James Manning

James Manning New Member

Hello all, I'm 2 weeks into owning my 64Kwh kona and no matter what I try the car will not charge higher than 254. I've seen people's screenshots from the Bluelink app showing 300+ range. I have asked my dealer and he suggested resetting all of the trip meters but to no avail. Can anywhere suggest something I may be missing. (before anyone suggests adjust the charing rate to 100% I've already tried). Thanks in advance.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Range is highly dependent on temperature and driving habits. If you're in summer you're going to see your highest estimated range. If your driving habits include a lot of highway driving or fast acceleration then you're going to be eating into your projected range. 2 weeks of calibration might be enough to have gotten a read on your driving profile (and projected range) but also might not. Bottom line is if you change how you drive the estimate will catch up over time.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. I reset mine today and surprisingly got a 10 km boost instantly. As @Wildeyed mentioned the trip settings calibration are dependent on I believe the last 5 drive cycles so if not much changed recently (ie ambient temperature) don't expect a sudden increase or decrease if the temps get colder. It just so happens I have not reset mine for about 6 months, and after the top up charge the GOM increased after restarting the vehicle. This car continues to impress me:)