2022 Kona EV Available in US

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, Jul 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The 2022 Kona EV is now showing in U.S. dealer inventory.

It's not on the Hyundai USA web site yet, but individual dealer sites show cars and stickers. Capitol Hyundai in San Jose shows 15 SELs and Limiteds, and the photos of six of them say "Actual photo," so I'm thinking these are on the lot.

Hyundai of Gilroy (CA)'s website shows them selling at MSRP. One SEL has a base MSRP of $35,185; a sunroof package adds $3,500. The Limited is $43,685.

2022 Limited.png 2022 SEL.png

Danhen and Ronny like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

So (as expected) it does appear the HUD is gone, and there is still no available heat pump to match the Niro EV. On the other hand I do like the new headlights and body colored fender flares.

It appears no dealers here in the Northeast US (New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts) have any yet. There remains a HUGE glut of leftover 2020's on many dealer lots here.

4. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Thats strange, they kept the HUD on the ultimate model for 2022 in Canada, and of course they kept the heat pump too. Starting to see some on the road.

5. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

The reason I expected the HUD to be gone was that we already knew it disappeared on the ICE model too.

6. While in California on vacation we purchased a 2022 Kona EV Limited to be sent back to Texas. Compared to our '19 Kona EV Limited, this one has some features I like including a better multimedia screen, cooled seats, navigation and rain sensing wipers. Managed a dealer discount 5% off MSRP and $1k Hyundai rebate for financing. It was good they were flexible on the price of these newly arrived 2022 models.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Those features are not special to the 2022's. They are all on the 2020 and 2021 Ultimates, which have a higher MSRP but a $3000 financing rebate and possibly deeper discounts.* The choice comes down to a few small differences between the 2021 and 2022, and the bottom line price.

The Ultimates have the head-up display, which was unaccountably left off the U.S. 2022's (but included in Canada). The 2022's have an updated instrument panel, styling changes, more noise reduction, smartphone entry, and one or two other things I forget.

* - To get the rebate, I financed $10,000 on my otherwise cash deal, and plan to pay it off after 3 months. I got a discount off invoice through the Costco auto program.