2022 ID.4 Pro S

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by CCL, May 8, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

Has anyone seen this problem?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CCL

CCL New Member

bought this car in July 2022. It wasn't a year old when I got my first priority 1 alarm "pull over and stop the car!" message when the alarm goes off due to "electrical system failure" When the car is shut down, and restarted, the alarm goes away. When I took it to the VW dealer in Rutland VT, they could not find any code recording the event. I talked with VW America, they wanted me to take it to Berlin VW service. The first time it took it them they couldn't find anything wrong either. VW America said I needed to bring it up AGAIN, the right person did not look at it. The second time I brought it, they replaced a "gateway module" possibly located behind the glove compartment. I continued to get these priority 1 alarms, as we progressed through the winter of 23-24 with over 40 K miles on it I found that driving over 60 on the interstate was what usually triggered it. I talked to VW America again, we agreed that it wasn't fixed. He also said they did not know how to fix it (he had no further action to suggest) I asked them to buy the car back from me. He said they didn't have to because it's not required by the lemon law. i continued to drive, with about 45K miles, but I drive like an old lady so as not to trigger the priority 1 alarm. 30 to 55 doesn't trigger it. I've had the priority alarm 15-20 times over the past year or so. I went to a job this week, the weather is warmer now, I triggered it on the way down and again on the way back, at about 60-63 miles an hour. The second time it started to skip and buck, I was losing power. I had not had that problem before. I talked to my brother, an experienced VW repair shop owner. He talked to the service dept at the dealer in Burlington. Evidently, this is a common problem at the Burlington shop. Priority 1 alarm followed by power plant failure. They are rebuilding batteries at that dealership, while the other dealerships acted like they didn't know what to do. The Berlin service dept admitted they have an ID.4 there that they can't/haven't been able to fix, I did not hear what the problem was. But that car is sitting. If I can get mine up there, without it quitting completely, I am putting it into the Burlington VW shop. If it doesn't make it all the way, it will go on a flatbed the rest of the way. This sounds like another class action lawsuit to me. I was involved in the TDI class action. If this had not been the only AWD electric available for under 80K, I would have......

2. To remove this ad click here.