2022 Bolt purchase

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by John V, May 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John V

John V New Member

Tough to find one that has a new battery. Found one today but it wasnt equipped the way we want. My local dealer says he can order one for us in a few weeks. No idea how long the build will take. Looking for a 2LT in Bright Blue. They have one on the local lot. Old battery and also has ACC which I would love to have but you have to add the Boise Sound and usb ports in the rear to get it. About a grand that is more than I want to spend for it and I have no reason to put USB ports in the back just the two of us

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. John V

John V New Member

Found a 2LT in West Palm Beach. 200 miles away. Picking it up Thursday May 12

voxel likes this.
  4. John V

John V New Member

upload_2022-5-12_21-53-35.jpeg

voxel and TheLight75 like this.
  5. John V

John V New Member

First dc fast charge in the new 2LT

voxel and GetOffYourGas like this.
  6. I've been reading recently that GM is offering $500 price reduction incentive on new Bolts to spur sales. Apparently there is not much demand since they restarted production.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ke4d

ke4d New Member

There is so much demand that dealers cannot get enough of them fast enough. GM just announced a 6k price reduction for the 2023 Bolt which brings the price for a base model down to about 25k. Not good news for those of us who bought 2022s in the last month.

9. I haven't been to a dealer to check on these, but I wonder if the dealers going to honor the factory price reduction or just add it all back in as market adjustment?

10. ke4d

ke4d New Member

Neither my local dealer nor the dealer I got our Bolt from in West Palm Beach markup. Just keep looking until you come across one that doesnt markup. Eventually those other dealers will get with the program, assuming folks simply refuse to pay the markup

11. I contacted a dealer in Tampa about a 2023 and was told they will sell at MSRP, but they do have a $999 dealer fee that they add.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ke4d

ke4d New Member

Not unusual. Almost all dealer do that. I think its for prep, the delivery tutorials etc. i dont really count that as a markup. I bought a used Silverado from a dealer in Sanford in 2020 and they charged me an 800 dollar dealer fee. I talked them down to $400. My Bolt had the same $999 dealer fee. While I was looking I found dealers asking 5k over msrp for EUVs. They were not on my list for long

14. voxel

voxel New Member

$5K markup? Let me guess... Seminole Chevrolet?

Sadly $899 dealer fees are normal for FL.

15. voxel

voxel New Member

What dealers in FL are you folks finding that would be willing to order at MSRP?

My local dealer (Autonation Chevrolet on Colonial in Orlando) won't custom order.

16. ke4d

ke4d New Member

The Silverado came from seminole. Unfortunately a BMW made a left turn in front of me last summer so no more Silverado

voxel likes this.
  17. ke4d

ke4d New Member

Got mine from Maroone in West Palm Beach. Got a call yesterday from Palm in Ocala telling me they had a red EV for me but I didnt ask about markups since I already have my new one

voxel likes this.