2021 Kona Electric headlight doesn't adjust enough

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by jcwareham, Oct 3, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My headlights were set too high, and I've turned the adjustment screws multiple times (counterclockwise). It now no longer lowers the beams, no matter how much I keep turning the screws. It seems to be out of adjustment.

Are there instructions somewhere (YouTube? elsewhere?) for fixing this?

One suspicion: I first started noticing people flashing their high beams at me just after I had 2 new tires installed in the front. I wonder if that raised the front of the car enough to make the low beams aim so high that they can no longer be adjusted.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Instructions for alignment here.
    Hopefully the adjustment screws can be re-established to a default (center) position. The new front tires may have indeed done just what you suspected, maybe all 4 have to be the same type to bring it back to within specification.

jcwareham likes this.
  4. Great link, thanks @electriceddy. The information doesn't resolve this issue but will be useful for other things.

The instructions for removing the headlight seem to apply to gas powered Konas. Is there a link to the manual for the Kona Electric? There may be no difference for this procedure, but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks again!

PS: I stole your idea to add my car model to my location information. Helpful!

5. The alignment procedures should be the same, however because the ICE version uses HID lamps, the removal may be different.
    There are 2 ways to get tech info and repair documentation.
    (1) Pay Hyundai
    (2) Source your local library (free) - (Auto Repair Source) :)

I wish everybody did this, as you mention- helpful