2020 NIRO Ev Ex premium

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by CodysEv, Aug 21, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CodysEv

CodysEv New Member

Just curious to know who has purchased a Niro EV in the last year? How do you Turn off the reverse sound, any issues with Battery life? Comment and let me know

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I bought mine last September. No problem with battery at all. I just started getting the motor noise at 7500 miles. I'm taking in to dealer next weekend. There is no easy way to disengage the reverse alarm. Regardless, i'm still very happy with the car.

There is a lot of discussion on this forum about the motor noise which is a fairly common problem and the annoying reverse sound.

4. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

@TheDave Please add your vote to the poll. The more people go on record with the defective motors, the more likely KIA and Hyundai will come up with a real lasting solution.

5. I had originally voted "No" but changed it to "Yes" when the noise started.

6. I also posted a recording to that thread.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. To the OP (Original Poster):

The backup beep sound has it's own thread already, I'd go there for that topic.

The battery life does not seem to have been an issue, I read all 4 Niro forums and no real information there.

Greg