2020 Kona Electric U.S Model Come With A Heat Pump?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ForceEdge, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

1. ForceEdge

ForceEdge New Member

So I’m looking to purchase a Kona electric. I was initially going to purchase the 2019 version but opted to Wait for the 2020 model because of the battery warmer which I feel is a nice thing to have in the winter.

My only question is, will it also come with a heat pump to heat the car more efficiently?

I know the Canadian version has one and I’m hoping it comes to the U.S but I haven’t heard ANY news on the 2020 electric.

thanks for the insight guys!

electriceddy likes this.
  2. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

Only thing mentioned so far is the battery warmer and larger infotainment screen, maybe you could import one from Canada:D
    https://insideevs.com/news/373932/2020-hyundai-kona-electric-battery-warmer/

3. ForceEdge

ForceEdge New Member

I mean, that is a possibility, but to be honest I’m not exactly sure how to do that lol. And how it would work with the tax rebates if I did that as well. Seems like a headache :confused:

4. electriceddy

Hyundai should definitely make it accessible to present this as at least an option to US prospective buyers.

5. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Active Member

The car manufacturers don’t want anyone doing this so they deliberately create roadblocks. Even when importing my car on moving to the States, I was required to present a certificate that the vehicle complied with US standards. Toyota Canada would not provide this until I satisfied them that I was a bona fide migrant.

6. electriceddy

Probably even tougher these days