2019 Volt Mid-Cycle refresh?

Discussion in 'Volt' started by WadeTyhon, Jan 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WadeTyhon

WadeTyhon Well-Known Member

The Volt may become a crossover in its next incarnation. But it is looking like 2019 will bring a mid-cycle refresh.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/01/ahead-of-its-rumored-death-chevrolet-volt-in-for-freshening-this-year/

What new features or changes would you like to see?

Personally I would like electric seats.

Also, while this seems counter-intuitive, I would like a version of the Volt with a smaller battery pack.

For one, so they could have an enty level model that can compete on price with other PHEVs.

But also to maybe make leg room for the tiny middle seat in the back! :p

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Interesting that they would consider a refresh so close to they end of its life, but maybe if they do a job well enough to result in revived sales, they'll consider keeping it for another year or two.

Interesting suggestion, that one about the smaller pack.

WadeTyhon likes this.
  4. ArkansasVolt

ArkansasVolt New Member

Mid cycle refresh probably won't help, seems that just the small size and cheap has is what's hurting the sales. At $4-$5 per gallon, they would sell just at a much higher rate

2011 Chevy Volt;
    2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

5. WadeTyhon

I agree that the size is what is hurting it. And the fact that it's a sedan profile. That is a turn off to a lot of people.

But others wouldn't be caught dead in a hatchback, crossover or SUV! There are still lots of folks paying 20-25k for a sedan.

I think if they could decrease the pack size to make the back seat feel more roomy and drop the starting price into the 25k-28k price range then it might make the car more competitive with current ICE and PHEV competition.

Domenick likes this.
  6. God

God Member

Will be interesting to see what direction GM goes with MY19 changes...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Honhme

Honhme New Member

I know that my wife would like a grab bar/handhold above the passenger window.

mario62 and WadeTyhon like this.
  9. Rob Kaulfuss

Rob Kaulfuss New Member

Needs a handhold on both passenger and driver sides. I often like to hold those when I am driving.

mario62 and WadeTyhon like this.
  10. WadeTyhon

I'm gonna +10 that one. :p

Whenever I'm in the passenger seat of my wife's Volt, I often reach for a handle when someone is cutting us off or my wife takes a sharp turn. So far no handle has magically materialized. But my instinct to reach for one hasn't gone away.

Domenick likes this.
  11. Alex Norwood

Alex Norwood New Member

Rear a/c vents

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

12. To remove this ad click here.