2019 front bumper main connector pin out

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Dan Pasch, May 30, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

Dont suppose anyone has the wiring diagrams for the front bumper main connector on the bottom passenger side. the charge port door keeps telling me its open im hoping its just a normally closed contact that i can just jumper. yes i know its not normal, i just want the error on the dash to go away until the replacement part comes in, figured if i can just jumper it to disable it. it wouldnt annoy me for the 2 months the charge port is apparently on back order.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Easiest to temporarily pull the "charger 1 fuse" (10A).
    Re-install before heading to dealer for replacement port assy.
    You will lose the ring light and charge bars...no big deal;)

4. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

You would think that would have worked...but it didn't. I tried that before posting, actually saw you posted that. It was still alerting me charge door was open which id be fine with if it only dinged once. But it dings all the dang time. Well the solution was simpler than I thought...I unhooked that connector completely in the bottom corner of the bumper and it got rid of it. I lose locking feature of the charge door, the ring and the orange light in the emblem. I can deal with that until the part comes

electriceddy likes this.
  5. That would work...picture of the location of connector (accessed easily under the hood I assume)?

6. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

bumpr.png

not quite easy access but easy enough, pull 3 push pins of the bottom cover in the bottom passenger side, reach up in and pull the latch on connector EE31 in that pic above and bam disconnected

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Good to know, thanks