2012 Leaf I MIGHT buy

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by sy_trilogy, Feb 9, 2020.

1. sy_trilogy

sy_trilogy New Member

I would appreciate recommendations from members here. I will look at a 2012 Nissan Leaf that has under 30,000 miles on it that has been owned by two different households. It looks great in its recent pictures. What I am most concerned about is that it can only be brought up to a 60% charge with so few miles on it.

I will only use this as a second car for short trips around town. I will have access to a gas-powered vehicle for travel of any distance. I know I will need to replace the battery pack at some point, but I have no idea where in the future that will be! I do not know why the battery figure is so low. It is in Florida and always has been. I suspect it has been garaged from the shape of the paint job. I can't imagine how the battery could have sustained so much loss in so few miles! If I had to, I suppose I could replace the battery now by using credit, but I'd hate to have to do that right away. I do not need the car for work, but it would be nice to know I could use it for commuter purposes if I had to do that. I am in Florida as well, and the thought of driving the Leaf without air-conditioning because there isn't enough juice in the car to do that would drive me crazy. Is it possible to replace all of its lights with LED's at a dealership?

Any thoughts and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

2. marshall

marshall Active Member

Unless you can get the car for a thousand dollars or less, I would pass on buying it. If you are interested in a used Leaf, I would read through what you need to know went purchasing a used Nissan Leaf.

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662