$20 bike rack solution?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fast Eddie B, Oct 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Well, sort of.

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently installed a 2” receiver on my Clarity, mostly to give me an option of carrying my bike along on trips when there wouldn’t be room inside.

I was kinda taken aback at the prices on some of the better racks out there - from Thule and Yakima, for instance. Given that I already owned an aluminum hitch carrier from Harbor Freight (less than $100 when combined with a coupon)...

...viola!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The $20 represents the $12 fork clamp and about $6 for the aluminum angle stock to make up the channel for the rear tire. I may invest another $20 in a holder for the front wheel. Plus, room for another bike, or gear, as needed.

Anyway, just a thought for those on a budget.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

Nice conversion! Thanks for sharing.

4. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

The Harbor Freight carrier has turned my Clarity into the pickup I always wanted, now I just need the lift kit and mud tires. The side stacks will be pretty small...

I have hauled snow blower, lawn mower, rototiller and various machine parts.

CyberDyneSystems likes this.
  5. Update...

I added a fork clamp, wheel mount and tire channel for my wife’s bike:

[​IMG]

(If you’re wondering, it’s attached to a tractor hitch here, which got it higher and easier to work on.)

6. EDIT: Found the thread.
    thanks for your posts!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  7. To remove this ad click here.