“DC Charging Not Active”

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Kerman, Jun 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Kerman

David Kerman New Member

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this…

I was hooked up to a DC charger earlier and all was fine until charging suddenly stopped (at 75%) and the dash computer read “DC charging not active.” I was in a time crunch, so I didn’t think too much of it at the time - assumed it was a faulty station, unplugged, and drove on.

Later in the day, I hooked up to a different DC charger and the station read “waiting for EV” while the MINI read “calculating…” but charging never started. After a while, the station timed out. I tried it three different times and the same thing happened. Is this a station issue, most likely? Or something with the MINI? My gut says station because the car is still charging without issue on L1 and L2 chargers… but that might not mean much.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I’ve had the second problem a couple times with Electrify America chargers. One time it didn’t start and locked the cable to the car. I had to phone them to get the cable released. In both cases switching chargers worked fine. I’m going to switch away from EA for a while since it’s a bit of a pain. Considering I only DC fast charge a couple times a month it’s a high failure percentage.

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Interesting data. My nearest EA DC is an EVolve NY station, so I’m hoping it’s less problematic. It rates a 10 on PlugShare, though.

5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

In my experience,, the EVolve NY stations have teething issues for the first month after the station opens. After a month or so, they seem to be highly reliable. Better than EA for sure and leaps and bounds better than EVgo.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs