Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

Yeah me too .I got the wall about a week ago .

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Wayne Warde

Hit the wall. Hit the wall !!!! *#:* spell check

Shawn Schinkel likes this.
  4. When I saw the accessories the other day I got a boost of excitement. Briefly. Then I saw the prices - and the fact that they bumped up the price for the EV's - and my enthusiasm died again.

5. Wayne Warde

Yeah they are trying to cash in on the fact that it's an EV The truth is that they are the dealer and everybody already knows that they have the highest prices than any other place in canada. I will wait for the after market companies to catch up and offer the same thing for far less.

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  6. chilleeves

chilleeves New Member

Just got a call from my dealer. They received their first Kona this morning and their next batch is scheduled to arrive on February 3 which mine is supposed to be a part of. Still no VIN allocated which just seems bonkers to me.

Brennan Raposo, CJC and Wayne Warde like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Wayne Warde

And which part of Canada are you in?

9. chilleeves

chilleeves New Member

Surrey, BC

10. Wayne Warde

Thats cool. I am in Nanaimo

11. As head moderator of the Forum, it's great to see how so many Canadian customers have checked in here. As a Canadian (living in the U.S), it's especially great.

So, thank you all. I hope you will continue to share your experiences after you take possession of your cars. As part of that, I've started a new thread where you can report what kind of deal you managed to swing. This will hopefully help others get a decent deal.

The URL is https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/price-paid-for-kona-electric-in-canada.4352/

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mdsweb

Mdsweb Member

Got the email from my dealer - I finally got the VIN and he said the my Kona EV is “at port”. Not sure which port or how long it will take to get to the Toronto area - I’ll guess 2 weeks.

14. I was called this past Friday that the car was at port in Vancouver. I then got called on Monday with an ETA of Feb 3, plus or minus a few days to London ON. Could be on the same train!

CJC and Brennan Raposo like this.
  15. Mdsweb

Mdsweb Member

Thanks Shawn - yes that sounds about right... probably the same ship and then train heading here. I’m assuming they would need it in their hands for a couple of days as well.

Good to have an approximate date so I can get things in order for the new arrival!

16. Wayne Warde

I think this is a great forum for prospective Kona owners to check out what everyone else is doing and it's also a great place to vent every once in a while. Thank you Domenic .

Wildeyed, Domenick and Brennan Raposo like this.
  17. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me that on delivery you’re NOT going to walk up to the sales manager and say “Hey! I just spent $62,000 on the most expensive vehicle Hyundai has ever made IN SPITE of not having any government incentive! I certainly hope you wouldn’t think of charging me for these premium all-weather floor mats?!”

Because clearly, I’ve been rehearsing my lines. I fully intended to get those thrown in at minimum. If they say no, I’ll call/email the dealer principal until I get my way lol

Wildeyed and Domenick like this.
  18. Brennan Raposo

Thanks for your time and effort Domenic! I look forward to seeing these deals!

Domenick and CJC like this.
  19. Wayne Warde

Ha ha ha I wish you all the luck in the world .Don't mind me I just have little faith when it comes to getting good value at a car lot .

20. Brennan Raposo

Hahah that’s fair. To be honest, I really do love the quality of the premium all-weather mats. They’re like weather tech but with a nice material over them and they’re soft and not just hard black plastic. But yea, I’m not holding my breath to get them for free. But for a drastic discount c’mon! Especially considering I just learned from the other forum topic that the passenger seats are manual! I haven’t seen a manual seat in a car since the early 2000’s! Especially not a $60,000 + car.

Why do the Europeans get it but it’s not even an option for us!

Wildeyed and Wayne Warde like this.
  21. Mdsweb

Mdsweb Member

Just got a follow up email - dealer thinks 3-4 weeks is a more accurate timeline. That would mean first week of Feb at the earliest. Sounds like a slow train to me!

Wayne Warde likes this.
  22. Mdsweb

Mdsweb Member

Wow really? Yeah all the Euro YouTube videos have power adjustable passenger seats. Do the US models get them?

I guess that’s the price we pay for having the battery heater feature.

Wayne Warde and Brennan Raposo like this.
  23. Brennan Raposo

Yup, apparently it’s standard in the US.
    Just seeems ***-backwards to have to change tooling/assembly for essentially one country! Standard in Europe, standard in the US - Nope! Not standard in Canada

Wayne Warde likes this.