Likes, Dislikes, I wish..

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by jdonalds, Jan 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Most of them, regardless of party affiliation, are. However despite that, 'sometimes' logic prevails. Not often, but sometimes. :)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bfd

bfd Active Member

I'm just happy that the tax credits remain in place for most of us - and since I was already in the market anyway, all the hubbub surrounding the tax credit just added a little more market motivation. If I'd have known for certain that the credit was going to be safe back in early December, I might've waited to make a purchase until after the holidays - but I'd still be in the market. With all the other deduction cutting that was going on, it felt like a toss-up as to whether or not they'd throw the baby out with the bathwater. I guess I am supposed to be thrilled there's such a great increase in the child tax credit - but I would bet most of us aren't going to qualify for that one. LOL

4. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

One thing I dislike on the Clarity is regeneration. Why put 4 levels of regeneration and make it weak? 4 chevron should have the come to a complete stop, with brake lights on.

5. pdxman1

pdxman1 New Member

Can you elaborate on this? If it has been mentioned before, I didn't catch it. Are you talking about the seat position memory?

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Yes seat position memory sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Maybe 95% of the time it works just fine. This was a major feature for us to decide to buy the touring model.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. pdxman1

pdxman1 New Member

When it doesn't work, how do you correct it? Do you have to manually adjust?

9. jdonalds

Just push the one or two button easily accessed on the door.

10. pdxman1

pdxman1 New Member

OK thanks. That soesn't sound too bad. How is the Clarity with other issues regarding the two key fobs? One thing I don't like with the Volt is that when my wife and I are both in the car and one of us gets out and shuts the door, the horn honks to warn that the key fob is left in the car. I've always thought that it should be able to keep track of the different fobs and not warn in that case.

11. jdonalds

Good question I haven't actually noticed it making any mistakes like that but we haven't specifically tried to see what it would do.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

I have noticed this in our 2018 Odyssey, and tracked it down to a split second closeness to the car (or one of us touching the passenger door first) when we are both carrying our keys. It's like it gets confused and just stays with the last position setting.

Txag1876 likes this.
  14. Tiralc

Tiralc Active Member

I guess I'm an outlier on this one, it doesn't bother me so much. Given the relatively light regen, it's kind of funny how strong the warning is in the manual about engaging paddle regen too quickly.

I bet they were worried about accidents, with the typical Honda driver being less familiar with the whole one-pedal driving concept.

I guess it will never be changed for us, but it's probably just software changes to make the levels stronger?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  15. bfd

bfd Active Member

One thing I noticed tonight - surprisingly, since I've had the car for awhile now - is just how easy it is to see into the trunk from the outside. The dark glass isn't opaque, and with any kind of back light (or simply shining a flashlight into that window) it's very apparent what's in the trunk. I don't typically leave things in the trunk, but there are times when I am on my way home and make a store stop. Similarly, at night we sometimes do a little shopping and then go to see a movie. Remember, beware means be aware!

… the Prius hatchback also has a window in back, but there is a screen that you can pull over the 'trunk' so contents can't be seen from the outside. The Tesla doesn't have the small window but also has a hatchback and the screen. Not sure how that would work for the Clarity though. I so rarely use that back see through window anyway…

16. jdonalds

I guess it would be easy enough to cover that little window. I don't feel it is of use. I never look through it. I wish Honda had left out the whole top section behind the seats to provide more cargo space. Screw the little useless windows. Better yet make it a hatch back.

17. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I agree. The visibility is already excellent without the extra window and is much better than most sedans I've driven. Honda spent a lot of money engineering that in (it has its own defroster for gosh sakes!). Honda seems to have its own standards of visibility (which is excellent across all their lines for decades) and I suspect the Clarity didn't reach it without the funny window.

18. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

I agree, particularly about a hatchback - but I think that window has more to do with the fuel cell heritage than the PHEV - in fact, there are a lot of compromises to get a single platform for FCEV, BEV, and PHEV.

19. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

That window is totally useful and if you ever use your rear view mirror you are using that window. As for seeing the contents of your truck, if you are concerned just keep a dark blanket in the trunk and cover whatever you don't want to be seen.

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.