Who in Canada is waiting for the Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, May 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NOTLdriver

NOTLdriver New Member

We picked up our Clarity on Tuesday July 10th. The car was getting the windows tinted. Looks so amazing with tinted windows. We actually paid in full and submitted the paper work last week for the rebate so we’re lucky to get in just in time before rebate got cut. Loving the car! Was worth the wait!
    Brantford Honda were great to deal with.

Omgswify, Numbernine and Hobbesgsr like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Wow..just under the wire!!

Congrats!

Omgswify likes this.
  4. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

You waited from March 28th until July 10th. Was it for a Base or Touring model?

5. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

Ordered mine end of May and will be taking delivery on Tuesday. I think they got 3 Tourings in this week. In May the dealer informed me that there was a big waiting list for base but none for Touring. Thankfully I chose to wait on the Touring.

Phunny, Numbernine and Omgswify like this.
  6. EVNovice

EVNovice New Member

Apologies if this was covered earlier and I missed it. I am thinking of ordering a 2019 Clarity Touring. For those of you who have placed orders like this, how much money do you need to pay as a deposit? I take it 2 months minimum wait? Are the 2019 models supposed to hit dealers showrooms in December 2018 or earlier? Thanks.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's what's been covered earlier: Honda doesn't tell its dealers or the public when it's going to deliver new Clarity Plug-In Hybrids. The cars just show up unannounced.

Omgswify likes this.
  9. Omgswify

Omgswify Member

It's usually a long wait. I waited 3 monthes and it just arrived with no prior notification.

Side note: Did anyone else get some sticky clear gunk all over the car when they took delivery? Appears to be the sticker?

10. ZedFez

ZedFez Member

Yep. Looked like scratches on the car until investigated further. Confirmed “sticky gunk!”

11. NOTLdriver

NOTLdriver New Member

Touring. From wh

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. NOTLdriver

NOTLdriver New Member

We were told from a few dealers that touring models were the first to be filled so we went for that

14. EVNovice

EVNovice New Member

Does anyone know if the production of the 2018 Clarity Touring model has ceased, or is it only the production of the Base model?

15. Phunny

Phunny Member

My dealership had a long list of Base orders as well in May.

Has anyone waiting contacted Honda or their dealer since the rebate cancellation?

Any insight in whether Honda will attempt to fill these orders?

I would imagine that the dealers will be upset of they aren't filled since they probably lost some Accord/Civic/CRV customers by putting people on a wait list.

16. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Congrats man! Do you have pics of your car showing off your tints that you could share?

17. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

18. NOTLdriver

NOTLdriver New Member

upload_2018-7-16_10-42-47.jpeg

rickyrsx and Hobbesgsr like this.
  19. NOTLdriver

NOTLdriver New Member

upload_2018-7-16_10-44-44.jpeg

V8Power, rickyrsx and Hobbesgsr like this.
  20. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

I contacted Honda Canada directly, and perhaps I wasn't as polite as I should have been, they said to stop contacting them. Only the dealership will know when a delivery will be made, and since the cars are coming from overseas there is no way to estimate delivery. I still find it ridiculous as an answer. There is no way that a company wouldn't track 40k assets in completely minute detail. What they are saying is they don't want to tell us. Interpret as you wish. Obviously, they think the car is selling just fine and they don't need to try and make the deadline because they believe people will still buy it. (since the rebate is nothing to them, they don't really care). I then contacted the dealership, and again received the "we don't have any information until the cars show up" answer. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

21. Jason

Jason New Member

Picked up my gray touring from Ottawa Honda on July 9. Ordered it on March 8 so took exactly 4 months. Got it just in time. VIN is 69X. Spreadsheet has been updated.

Omgswify likes this.
  22. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

Nice! What amount of tint? 20?

23. NOTLdriver

NOTLdriver New Member

Yes 20