Who in Canada is waiting for the Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, May 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

Looks like Touring models are starting to be available for purchase in the GTA now that the 7xx cars are arriving. The Parkway 717 car is on carguru.com also Halton got four Tourings in last week, now one of the cars 558 is at the Maple dealer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

I ordered my grey Touring from Parkway!! I just emailed my dealer to ask him if that is my car!!

4. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Curious if members here that ordered a base model are willing to pay to upgrade to a Touring for $4k given the possibility of Doug Ford cancelling the EHVIP or having to wait literally months for a 2019.

I was offered a Touring from my dealership 2 months before I got my base but there was no fear of the EHVIP cancellation at that time.

5. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

You aren't in the spreadsheet from what I can see, when did you order your car?

You ordered back in February and got base. I ordered in March and from the spreadsheet, no news of arrivals for base ordered in March or later from what I can tell. And as time goes on, the window of opportunity narrows. I'm willing to pay $4K, not happily, but begrudgingly. I just feel that the touring doesn't offer $4K worth of useful features. My journey isn't over, I will update my status in the spreadsheet as time goes on.

6. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

I ordered in May

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

Is it yours? I'd be interested to know if any dealer would have a car for someone that ordered that late, or if that was one from someone who ordered earlier (Feb-Apr). Or just happened to show up. :p

9. Phunny

Phunny Member

Add $4K to the Clarity cost and I would buy something else, so paying more isn't rational for me.

I expect to service my car at the dealer I purchased it from. I went there partly because I like their service department. If they reveal themselves to be a bait-and-switch operation, I wouldn't want to have to deal with them again so my total cost of service would go up compared to my current expectations.

10. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

Turns out that Clarity wasn’t mine :( but the manager said mine was built and numbered and on its way. He said it should arrive in the next few days. :):)

11. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

It shows how Honda is concentrated on the Touring. You ordering in May get a car built, but my base order in March will not be delivered. Thanks Honda. :mad:

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

That is frustrating!:oops: I guess the profit margin is higher with the Touring. Hang in there?:(

14. Cliffie

Cliffie New Member

try Midtown Honda - I just cancelled an order there yesterday June 28th and they had the car ready !!!

15. Cliffie

Cliffie New Member

for a Touring, try Midtown Honda - I cancelled my order there yesterday June 28th and they had the car ready !

16. Cliffie

Cliffie New Member

if you still want a Touring model, try Midtown Honda. I just cancelled an order yesterday (June 28th) and the car is there ready !

17. evjb

evjb New Member

Hi all, I just passed on a white touring at Roadsport (GTA). The dealer no longer submit the application for rebate, and I called Service Ontario. Joanne from Service Ontario has said there are still funds available to fund the rebates, but due to the political climate, those funds could be re-purposed and there is no guarantee for applicants. Applications submitted today may take 2-3 months to process, but if our premier designate announces to scrap the department or reduce the workforce, even with the submission, it may take 6 months, 12 months in order to get it processed. That's a lot to risk on 25% MSRP of the car.

Anyways, if you're willing to go through the incentive program alone, and willing to take delivery in GTA, car can be ready by July 3rd. If you talk to them today. Ask for Peter.

@scuba, you can remove me from the spreadsheet, I'm very sad I couldn't partake in the Clarity parade if you guys ever organize one...

Best of Luck,
    James

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  18. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Guys do not worry that much for rebate they CAN NOT take away the rebate for 2018 models. Look at they did even for window rebates , the cutoff date is December for application. Also our rebate id tied down to booking date not delivery date , so you should be fine.

19. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Atul, not quite true:

"According to the scaled-down GreenON website, rebates under the program will be honoured if a homeowner has “a signed work agreement with a participating contractor for work that will be completed by August 31, 2018” or the homeowner submitted a rebate application by September 30, 2018. During a press conference on June 21, 2018, Premier-Designate Ford announced that the deadline to submit a rebate application will be extended to October 31, 2018."

So if you already have a contract for windows, insulation etc, the work must be completed by Aug 31 and the rebate application submitted by Oct 31. You can't get the rebate if you don't have a signed contract.

If that is the same as the EV rebate, then whenever the PC announce the cancellation will be the date where the rebate no longer apply. For all of us that put down a deposit and the dealer has submitted our name to the MOT (you may want to check to make sure the dealer did submit your name), our rebate will still (hopefully) be valid until Sept 7 (I think at least for the $13K, not sure for the people of 14K)

20. Atul Thakkar

In my case application for rebate for 13K was made on 27th and , I got confirmation e mail too , so no issues.

21. Jason

Jason New Member

You got an email confirmation about your rebate?

22. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

When I submitted my two rebate applications ($13k vehicle, $1k charger) earlier this week I received an email for each submission acknowledging that my submission had been received.

I called as well and was told it would likely take approx 3-4 months to receive the funds. I was told they are currently working on rebates that were submitted in March.

Cheers,
    Gary

rickyrsx and Phunny like this.
  23. Atul Thakkar

I got confirmation e mail saying that they have received my applcation

rickyrsx likes this.