Manufacturer's Paint Code for Energetic Yellow

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Comstock, Aug 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I think another post elsewhere said it’s fairly warm (warmer than “bright yellow”) but I can’t find it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

I agree, it does seem rather intense. I therefore ordered a color chip, to compare to my SE's various shades. I will share pictures in case others are wondering - although my phone's camera and/or the viewer's phone or computer may alter things a bit, it should at least provide a relative reference (assuming the color chip itself is accurate, of course).

SameGuy likes this.
  4. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Oooh, now I have one less excuse to make some bonnet lightning zaps.

5. SameGuy

YUL
    I might have time to take a removed blob to a nearby automotive paint vendor and have their spectrometer read it.

6. CuriousGeorge

Standard G2 yellow paint swatch arrived, and while I took photos, they really aren't worth posting. The color is much brighter, almost with a hint of orange, compared to even the yellow ring on the SE's hubcaps. The yellow of the Ss and blob look positively washed out by comparison. So, no-go for me, and I imagine for almost anyone else who is at all particular.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    After dealing with brake dust and grime on red POR-15-painted calipers in the past, I’m ok with black. But I’ve also noticed much less dust now that my car has some 3700 miles on it. I suspect sticking to one-pedal driving and a post-wash spritz with Bilt-Hamber Atom-Mac would make dirty yellow calipers a non-issue.

Perhaps one of the vinyl caliper wraps comes in a yellow that’s close to the hue of the rim highlights and mirror caps (and of the “post reply” boxes here!).

9. CuriousGeorge

Funny, I had exactly the same thought.

10. CuriousGeorge

At least to my eyes, in the 1st picture the color of the painted caliper doesn't really match the ring on the hubcap. However, the color of the spraycan lid in the 2nd picture does (or looks like it would). What do your eyes say?

SameGuy likes this.
  11. SameGuy

YUL
    In person, both Duplicolor and VHT are almost Tonka yellow.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Pictures with natural light FB4EF166-4AF0-41D1-9491-B58A46ECCD3E.jpeg and cheap and looks exactly the same like emblem on SE

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    CuriousGeorge likes this.
  14. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical that this is true. I don't have a color matching tool, but looking at the Power Spoke wheel yellows next to the side scuttle yellow they look the same to my eyes. I don't have yellow mirror caps or a yellow blade in front, but the two signature colors for the SE (at least pre-2022) have always been "energetic yellow" and "vigorous grey" (as seen in my SE's scuttle). No mention of a different yellow.

seyellow.jpg

15. Moneyec

Moneyec New Member

Regarding the different shades of yellow on the SE, it's not uncommon for car manufacturers to use varying shades for different parts of the vehicle, even if they have the same name like "energetic yellow." These subtle differences can be challenging to spot without the proper color-matching tools.

16. Moneyec

Moneyec New Member

As you mentioned, you don't have a color matching tool, which can make it tricky to determine the exact shade. However, if you're looking for the precise paint code for the yellow ring of the hub caps, you can check out https://kraftsmann.com. They often provide comprehensive information on paint codes and colors, which can be a valuable resource.

17. Puppethead

SameGuy likes this.
  18. endquote

endquote Active Member

Puppethead and SameGuy like this.
  19. Puppethead

Maybe the web page is incorrect, and the color swatch image isn't true. Your touchup looks good.

SameGuy likes this.