What did you do to your MINI today?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Oct 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thank goodness I wasn't anywhere near that automotive ice rink!

Last night, my SE became encased in frozen wet snow with a layer of frozen rain on top. Thanks to the app-activated climate preconditioning, the snow on the windows melted, but it took 20 minutes to chip the ice off the door handle (I hope I didn't hurt the paint). If only I had an engine under the hood to melt that mess!

upload_2024-1-13_13-45-54.png

Attached Files:

scooter, ghost and teslarati97 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Snow is fine powder over here as it was -45F overnight. I just use an electric leaf blower and life is good.

4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

And we had several inches of wet snow followed by a LOT of dry powder. The powder was easy to remove, but the frozen snow was more difficult. And our friendly village plow driver pushed heavy snow into my driveway higher than the Mini.

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Lol yeah we got sloppy today. But out west, holy crap...

bdf945f1-0527-4468-8b80-9c2d9d07911b.jpeg

...That's -58° and -76° RealFeel in US dollars.

teslarati97 likes this.
  6. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

Nope, nope, nope, nope...

I think it might be time to find a new job that is a bit further south. :)

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

In contrast, this past summer, while baking in 100+ temperatures for weeks on end, I was thinking about moving North.

I replaced the hockey pucks on my car last week with some winter tires. I'm looking forward to snow and the chance to drive in it. High today will be 19 in one hour.

9. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

For the first time ever, I logged into the MINI app, and caused the interior of the car to get heated up, while hooked up to power. Wow! That's a great feature! I headed out to get a pie from Zalat pizza. In spite of the 10F temperature, the hottie pie arrived home nice and toasty. (The GOM was telling me I had a range of 66 miles, with a fully charged battery. :( )

SameGuy, insightman and MichaelC like this.
  10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(props to @MichaelC)

SameGuy, insightman and MichaelC like this.
  11. ghost

ghost Active Member

My gom is saying 130 mi this a.m. after I drove 100 mi through a mainly 2 lane windy road to pick up my son's new bike.

Apologies for the bad weather some of you are experiencing.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

Well at -40F and cold soaked, I can confirm that the power steering does not work and Sport++++ steering is activated. Tires are rock hard and 67 miles on the GOM.

Best practice would be to park in a garage and set a departure time on the head unit or app.

miinigom40cold.gif

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    Brawndo, SameGuy and insightman like this.
  14. SameGuy

YUL
    30% e-power is probably unusual too

15. teslarati97

30% E-power usually happens if you park your vehicle outside. If you set a departure time it will heat the battery pack (possibly directly, but at least indirectly) and you can get 100% power. My estimates were about 3-4kWh (departure time) from my solar consumption monitoring at the main lug.

16. insightman

I saw 30% e-power today after my SE had been bathing in the balmy 0°F weather all night long. I was surprised @teslarati97 didn't have even fewer bars at the unthinkable -40°F.

17. SameGuy

YUL
    I have yet to set out with less than 60% power available, but then my car only sits outdoors for eight-plus hours while at work, and it rarely hits 20-below (Fahrenheit) here – especially during daylight hours.

18. Sorry about the weather, everyone!! It's a balmy 75F here in SoCal today :). I finally got my new plates in the mail and couldn't wait to put them on. IMG_0662.JPG IMG_0660.JPG

19. SameGuy

YUL
    Niiiiiiice!!

20. Thanks! I was surprised it was still available and it took 8 months to get it but hey, they say good things come to those who wait.

SameGuy likes this.
  21. SJA

SJA Member

I got mine from Southbay Mini also! The resolute looks great.

SameGuy likes this.
  22. insightman

Clearly, this isn't @Rexsio's SE. Who among us with a red SE has found the secret of navigating the streets of NYC quickly without getting caught?

upload_2024-1-29_20-17-41.png

23. teslarati97

insightman likes this.