High-Risk Notice

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Jim In Tucson, Jul 4, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

They did sell MINI’s for many years. I was so disappointed that they quite. Now I’m concerned that as MINI electrification progresses over the next several years there may not be enough service volume for them to even remain a MINI Service Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My MINI dealer recently started servicing all car makes, as a way to keep the service revenue flowing as MINI switches to EV.

4. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Well, I just noticed the "Start in last driving mode" is not working after the update so I'll have to take a look at that. Only thing I noticed so far.

5. I had battery cover done in May, and then found 2 of the screws rattling away and not even tightened down.

After getting home, I had decided to see what they had done, and that's when I saw the screws and washers loose. and took a video of it.

When I phoned them, they said No. Everything's double checked after one of these re-calls. So I sent them the video.

Strangest thing! They didn't have the decency to reply... as yet?

Everyone makes mistakes, even their service guys, but obviously all customers are liar's!

6. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Has anyone had the opportunity to actually compare the old and the new battery covers side by side? They appear the same to me, but there must be some difference that is not readily apparent visually.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Transport Canada issued a recall notice for door latches on the 2005-2006 smart fortwos (along with the same part used on some entry-level Benzes), after multiple reports of doors not latching or staying latched, and flying open around turns. When I took my (affected) car in, the tech offered up my old, failed latch to the replacement part, and they were identical. Sure enough, the replacement latch failed within a couple of years.