Well, there we go ... MINI to adopt NACS in North America

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by fishbert, Oct 17, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That's an aspect of switching to NACS, but I expect other networks like ChargePoint and Electrify America to start providing NACS plugs. Tesla won't be the only game in town. Does the Supercharger network require the identity handshake or can sessions be initiated via the app? I know Tesla has so far refused to add credit card terminals.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

As far as I know, they require the handshake on all superchargers in the US that don’t have the Magic Dock. Personally I don’t see much benefit in using an adapter at non-Tesla stations. Access to the Tesla network would be huge because of the number of stations and their far superior reliability. After my experiences over the past couple years I’d gladly trade EA and EVgo for Tesla. But if Tesla is making deals with individual automakers, it’s probably a long shot for them to approve a 3rd party adapter that would allow cars from any automaker to use their network :/

4. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

V4 superchargers have been spotted with credit card readers. I think that’s a requirement for NEVI funds. So future installations may not need authentication from the car or the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

fizzit likes this.