Who in Canada is waiting for the Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, May 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

Congratulations to you.

I picked up my car late last week and had the weekend to drive.

Must say - very happy and impressed.

I love the Adaptive Cruise control - very helpful on the touch and go 401 traffic. the lane keep is very nice as well, but the lack of good lanes on the GTA 401 does not help.

I got a mat from tuxmat - and it fits very very nice. i am finally happy with the mats on the car, in my previous cars i never could find a good mat.

I love the snug fit and good look sof the tuxmat.... very very nice. Must recommend for the clarity!!

lorem101 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

I am getting my Grey touring today

4. miltondweller

Finally - Congratulations. Be sure to look into the tuxmat. I am yet to do the tinting on my car, will post my feedback and experience on it when i get it done.

Have you a L2 Charger installed in your home yet? if not i would suggset that you do. it takes 2 hours to charge the battery to full. on trickle charging, it took me exactly 13 hours.

5. Atul Thakkar

Thanks , How much did u paid for charger, installation for charger and for Mat ? Thanks , because all three are in my list.

6. miltondweller

Tuxmat - 258 (including tax) - i brought both front and back.
    Charger : Costco : Sun Country Highway ClipperCreek EV40P 32 - 850

I went with costco for the peace of mind, upto you to go either ways. basic charger, no smartness, apps, wifi, etc.

Installation approx 1000

Hope this helps.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Atul Thakkar

Thanks

9. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Likely not.

Keep in mind the courts virtually don’t care about your wasted time. So waiting for a 2019 isn’t worth anything.

They also don’t care about hypotheticals. So if you would have got the rebate if you waited for the 2019, they aren’t going to award you anything for choosing not to wait.

If you cancel the 2018 and walk away with no car because nothing else suits you, then you wouldn’t qualify for the rebate either way since you didn’t buy a qualifying vehicle. And it could be argued that since you didn’t buy any vehicle at all, you didn’t suffer any damages because you didn’t really need the vehicle in the end.

The challenge is asking for damages in the scenario you buy say a Kia Soul EV now as an alternative to get the rebate, but want compensation for having to settle for a lesser car. Sure that qualifies as damages, but how much should that be worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Phunny likes this.
  10. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi Atul

As I 'assume'? you are in Ontario, then be sure to buy an approved charger from an approved vendor (I chose Elmec from Quebec https://www.elmec.ca/language/en/ )
    http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-charging-stations.shtml and you can save a lot of money if you 'pre-install' the wiring and outlet box and run the cable to your electric panel and buy the breaker....(the Elmec can come the stove type 50 Amp outlet plug).. and then get the electrician to finish the job and get the inspection done...my cost was $350 for both. Tuxmat pricing is https://www.tuxmat.ca/store/p766/honda-clarity $228 plus tax free shipping.. Enjoy!

11. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Great charger!

That thing is built like a tank

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

miltondweller likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Phunny

Phunny Member

All excellent points.

It seems like I need to wait for a Clarity, the rebate program to be cancelled, or the dealer to cancel. The dealer's cancellation causes the most damages only if the rebate program also gets cancelled.

14. Numbernine

Numbernine Member

Took slightly longer than planned, but I finally got an update today! The dealership believes that my car will be here sometime between July 12th and 18th - that's much more specific than anything I've been told at this point! Fingers crossed that I'll actually have a new car in less than a month. :)

15. Jason

Jason New Member

Update: Was contacted by dealer on Saturday telling me my green Touring will not be available until 2019. Told me a gray Touring is coming in July and that I had to tell him that day if I wanted it. I chose to take the gray knowing it might be the last chance I get. ETA is end of July. I've updated the spreadsheet. Will post back once VIN and/or car is received.

Hobbesgsr likes this.
  16. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

Picking mine up tonight after work, I drove by the lot and the mythical White base model truly does exist, I saw it sitting on the lot.

17. Atul Thakkar

Thanks so much for your help

18. Atul Thakkar

Got my Clarity yesterday and Happy with it. Lot to learn. Thanks every one for support and help. Will Get the level 2 charger soon..

19. lorem101

lorem101 Member

Congrats!!

Atul Thakkar likes this.
  20. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

So what I read here is that the Clarity 2018 model is no longer being produced. Is that correct?
    When should the dealer have known Honda was not going to be able to fill an order?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  21. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

Picked up my new white base model tonight! Turns out someone cancelled the order and switched to touring. So I got this one.

It was almost comical how little the dealers knew about the car aside from the common Honda features. The climate button on the remote was a mystery. They tried to tell me it was for the gas cap, the electric cap, remote starter...and finally I opened the manual and showed them!

I showed my salesman the battery had only 2 bars and he assured me it was full charge. Guess what, I drove off the lot hit the accelerator and it was gas all the way home!

It's a sharp ride and I am really happy to have gotten lucky enough to get a base model 2018!

Numbernine, Hobbesgsr, JJim and 2 others like this.
  22. JJim

JJim Active Member

Congrats. I am waiting my white base too (my dealer said it will arrive end of Jun), can you provide 4 last digit number of the VIN? What dealer you bought it?
    Enjoy your Clarity and share us more your experience about it.

23. Phunny

Phunny Member

It could be just passing through the system, but there is a new Touring at Parkway (Toronto). VIN ends in 717.

There's a Base model at Harmony (Kelowna) with a VIN ending in 753.

I'm still hopeful. Regarding the cancels, it wouldn't surprise me if some dealers saw an imminent rebate cut and decided to reduce their liabilities while they could. I feel like it's a different conversation once the rebate cut is a done deal.