October 2023 Map/Nav Update Released

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Oct 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Anyone have the guts to install this October update yet? I downloaded and ready to update but sort of waiting to see if any fallout based on previous releases.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Not a Kona EV, but one report from Ionic 6 forum member shows it works with no issues;)

4. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

I had no issues so far after installing it.

5. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Thanks ...

6. Ale

Ale New Member

Any photos of the interesting/new menus?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Installed it finally ... went fine and is working perfectly.

electriceddy likes this.
  9. No issues with install and operability for me. This update includes a new feature I didn't even know I needed:

The system automatically closes windows when your vehicle enters a tunnel to prevent external air from entering.
    To enable this feature, go to Settings > Vehicle > Climate > Block External Air, and select or enable [Tunnels].
    To avoid injuries and vehicle damage, ensure people, objects, etc., are safely out of the way before closing the windows.

10. Ale

Ale New Member

Does this auto window closing work on 2020-2021 model years? (Before the facelift)

Also if anyone has photos of the new menus I’d like to take a peak before installing.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I did encounter 1 thing that is no longer working -- when I power OFF the car, the Radio no longer stays ON. Before this update, I could power OFF and the Radio would remain ON for like 10 mins. Which I really liked when I arrive some place and want to sit for a bit before exiting that car. I've looked at a bunch of Settings and don't see this setting that obviously changed. Anyone ?

13. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Not available yet for the Kona Premium 64k EV

14. Ale

Ale New Member

15. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Not for UK - yet.

Lawrence

16. Took an about an hour to update on our 2023. Not sure we will use any of the added features but time will tell

electriceddy likes this.
  17. This functionality did NOT change for me after the update.

18. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Interesting...I wonder if this is a setting somewhere? I've searched the Manual and played with the various settings - I don't see this setting. But it definitely changed on my Kona. The RADIO turns OFF immediately now when I turn off the car.

19. Noticed today that the update unchecked the Daylight Savings Time option in Time/Date.

20. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I found the issue. It's an option that got turned off in the install. GENERAL / MEDIA .. the option is buried in there for what happens when car is turned off.

21. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Sigh. I had forgotten that Kona requires manual map updates. I kind of got used to OTA map updates that I get with the ID.4.

I wonder what version the car currently has - I need to fiddle with the car later today to work on some other things.

22. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

OK - did the update. Route planning with charge stops sounds cool. Remains to be seen how well it works in practice..

But I get this message that it is downloading something. And in the very upper right, there are the arrows in a circle with a blinking downarrow... 20231029_151804.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Inside EVs mobile app