Pics of the wheel & seat of the upcoming MINI

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by azausa, May 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Somebody on FB posted the attached pics of the wheel and seat of the upcoming MINI.

Is that Oliver Heilmer holding the wheel? IMG_1832.JPG IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1833.JPG IMG_1834.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

J22, MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

4. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

@azausa Thank you for posting instead of linking to FB.

J22, azausa, MichaelC and 2 others like this.
  5. bucoshi

bucoshi Member

MichaelC likes this.
  6. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Omg, the array of buttons below the display look like a mess of shapes and orientations. I'm afraid it's going to drive OCD types (including myself) mad.

SameGuy, Rogwp and Carsten Haase like this.
  9. teslarati97

Just wait until you see the full dashboard projection screen.

10. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

The buttons on the steering wheel are physical buttons, it looks like. Yeah, Baby!

Puppethead and MichaelC like this.
  11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The author of the linked Motor1 article writes: "A heads-up display should be available to project info onto the windshield." He probably didn't watch the video @MrSnrub linked, which shows a pop-up HUD, much like the one available for the current SE:

upload_2023-5-10_20-58-25.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. CuriousGeorge

Push-toggle-turn-toggle push?

Maybe you have to successfully complete a Bop-It!-like sequence using those controls to activate the vehicle?

14. Puppethead

15. teslarati97

I think they are mixing up BMW i Vision Dee with MINI. At any rate it should be the full dashboard like they showed for Spike - your Intelligent Personal Assistant.

insightman likes this.
  16. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

All looks nice.
    With they’d dump the need to turn the car on or off with a switch, just do it Tesla style: if I put my foot on the brake pedal and am sitting in the seat with the key (or better still phone) in my pocket I obviously want to go… and if I step away from the car turn it off. Not hard…

17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That's not how Great Wall Motor does things.

18. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I heard that the fob will be the size of a Pizza Hut bambino pizza

insightman and BostonSE like this.
  19. Puppethead

F14Scott likes this.
  20. I reckon they have simplified the controls on the steering wheel, the arrow heads on the right seems more logical with the track selection. Though I am puzzled by the button with a star, a favourites button? Hopefully the buttons have a more tactile feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

21. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

I'm a little concerned that the round toggles in the middle might be too fiddly, especially on the cruise control side. And those 'Set' and 'Mode' buttons are just massive; I can't imagine they'll be comfortable to press.

But really, anything will be better than the current buttons that turn off the LIM function more often than not when I try to adjust the set point up or down. That's the single most annoying thing with this car for me; much preferred the pre-refresh steering wheel buttons.

22. CuriousGeorge

Obviously that's to engage the star drive, needed to achieve warp speed.

azausa likes this.
  23. teslarati97

Back in the mid 2000's of the Chris Bangle era, BMW iDrive did not have programmable buttons from 1-8 (1-6 in the MINI) so it was a star and rhombus button on the steering wheel.