Two-year maintenance

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Jun 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Longtime MINI Cooper SE owners: How much did your dealer charge for the scheduled 2-year maintenance? What was included? How long did it take? Were there any surprises? Are you satisfied?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Maintenance is included for 3 years, so the answer had better be $0.

SameGuy and insightman like this.
  4. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

Yeah I just had mine done when I took it in for the charge port door, it was free. They said I needed maintenance and I said they could do whatever was covered by the warranty.

I think it took an hour or two, they checked the tires, added some windshield wiper fluid, and replaced the micro filter, whatever that is LOL

insightman likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What, you don't notice a reduction in the density of the micros in your cabin?

6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I got my two-year maintenance done a bit early (been meaning to post), and it consisted of these items:
    • Alignment check
    • Brake fluid flush
    • Replace cabin air microfilter
    That's it, for a total cost of $0. I also happened to hit the 3 year/36,000 mile period, nothing else to be done.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I always think that the 3 years included scheduled maintenance is a joke as the first scheduled maintenance is two years from delivery. So on the second scheduled maintenance it will be on you. I think it is fair that Mini should give SE owners at least 4 years or twice scheduled maintenance.

MichaelC and AndysComputer like this.
  9. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

My dealer has been hounding me with voicemails to get the car serviced. I finally called them today and they asked when i wanted to schedule the service. I said I have only had the car for a year and the car is telling me that I am not due to be serviced until next year. They didn't seem to understand that and made me an appointment for next Friday. I figure it is due for a cleaning anyway. If they offer me a few quarts of oil, I'll ask them to leave it in the bottle and put it in the boot.

SameGuy likes this.
  10. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

is it 2 years and/or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first? If so, I think I'll be hitting the miles way before the time.

11. Puppethead

You can at least get a washer fluid top-up. And get the tires rotated.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    It’s three years of scheduled maintenance, or 36,000 miles — the schedule is based on time or distance — and the only schedule for the SE is cabin filter brake fluid change, plus inspection and top-ups, every 24 months or 24,000 miles. So we get one “free” service.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    insightman likes this.
  14. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I was going to put my summer wheels on this weekend. Should I try to throw them in the car and have the dealer do that for me? Can you fit four wheels in the back of the car?

15. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Yes, you can, if you're careful and creative.

16. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

You can very easily fit 4 wheels in the back, but they're not going to swap them for free.

17. Puppethead

I just had summer wheels put on by the dealer, $37 to swap them out. It's easy to fit four wheels in the back of the SE: put back seats down, move passenger seat forward. Stack two wheels behind passenger seat, stack the other two wheels behind the driver but further back so the four wheels are in a diagonal.

18. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Huh... I always put 3 upright, but kinda tipped over so they don't roll, and the 4th perpendicular to them (parallel to the boot lid when closed). I don't have to adjust the front seats at all, save to get the back ones to flop down flat.

insightman likes this.
  19. Puppethead

With my Clubman (R55) I can fit three in the well in the back and lay one down flat behind the front seats. I like the method I use in the F56 because I can still see out the rear when driving. But maybe I'll try your method next time.

20. endquote

endquote Active Member

I haven't scheduled my two-year yet but I need to. Got an email from MINI of SF, they offered to come to my home to handle it. Sounds great! I asked what services were included, they said an oil change.

Nevermind, I'll go somewhere else.

21. I'd be very tempted to leave an empty bottle of cooking oil in the car, just to see what happens.

endquote likes this.
  22. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You have much more SE in west coast then anywhere in a country usually they have train technicians to take care of basic maintenance cabin filter and flush a brake system every 2 years that’s what you can expect they do with SE and recall if your SE is due to it battery cover replacement.if they rotate your tires you hit a jackpot but not expect anything else My dealer wash a car . All together was 2 hours and I was happy what they did .That basic maintenance which a Mini provide is the same like ACE car about your oil change was a KID high school answering your questions! IMG_1147.jpeg new battery cover looks alike just somebody is making money $$$

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    endquote likes this.
  23. SandyUT

SandyUT New Member

Hmm, flush and fill the brake fluid? The brake are almost never used. I thought they did some kinda battery test to make sure it was up to snuff?

the stock tries on ours are about toast at 15K, put new studded snows on with new rims a couple months back. But buying Michelin all season - non run flat. The stock tries seem to worn off like butter, reminiscent of the Pirelli P-Zero’s on the old BMW.