Why did you choose the trim level you choose?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by MarkSasaki, Aug 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Driften

Driften New Member

I wanted all of the options so shopped for Iconic trim, but of the cars available in the area that was about the only choice so it worked out for me.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Aprime

Aprime Member

Turnaround time, we got hooked on the base but the feature set was a bit more enjoyable on the mid level and we had a proper ETA with it. Price difference wasn’t too big of a problem.

4. For an effective price of $22,500, I got the Signature trim because there isn't a better deal on an EV anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Yes, there are many features on higher trims that might be nice, but the base model comes very nicely appointed. I think I got in right before the cutoff for the Signature trim and also the tax credit. When I placed the order in March, the Signature trim was still available on the website but when the dealer called me a few days later to confirm everything, Signature+ was the lowest trim on the website and he had to order Signature "off menu".

That was a mild bummer because I really kind of wanted the white roof and side mirrors which was previously available with Signature, but they said I'd have to upgrade to Signature+ for that, and my main goal was to get the cheapest electric car possible to thrash on the autocross course. A bonus with Signature was that I didn't have to worry about deleting the sunroof that I didn't want anyway, since that's not available on the base trim.

JonR likes this.
  5. rlozano

rlozano Member

Thanks for documenting this, I am waiting on the my ENET cable for venturing on Bimmercode, and found this, awesome I was going to the route to use the rear fog lights as break lights but using them as intended is even better, the switch cluster not bad still the same price this was posted via amazon. Weird it is for F55, so any F56 doesn't have the rear fog lights or I mean on the US.

hope I do not mess things up, but this shows it is simple and easy to do.

thanks!!

MarkSasaki likes this.
  6. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Value buyer here as well. The after tax credit price of $22,500 for the Signature model was simply to good to ignore. Still a lot of car for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rlozano

rlozano Member

Just did it, easy peasy, took like 15 minutes.

MarkSasaki and SameGuy like this.