What's your mileage (mi/kWh)

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by ssmini, Dec 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Update for set departure time vs cold soaking (no departure time).

Morning (cold soak 2-5F): 2.36mi/kWh with 30% e-power (recharged to 100% at noon)
    Evening (departure time set 2-5F & EVSE plugged in): 3.22mi/kWh with 100% e-power

My consumption tracker (main panel only) is about 3kWh to top off the battery during departure time and ran about 30-45min prior to scheduled departure time. You could say about a 35% improvement in range if you set a departure time over cold soaking.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    MichaelC and Zim like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle New Member

I’m averaging about 3.1 mi/kWh during this recent cold spell in the mid-atlantic. I just put on 16 inch Continental ProContact LS all seasons with tire pressures set for 38/35. Anyone else running 16 inch all seasons and are using different tire pressures?

4. Zim

Zim Member

I'm doing about the same, 37F 35R on 16s all seasons. I could pump them up to 40 or so, but would most likely decrease ride comfort and handling.

Temperatures are far form what most of the country experienced, but managed 3.6-3.8 mi/kWh at 25F in Green, cabin heat set from 65-70F and bone dry roads.

Usually averages 3.5 -3.7 mi/kWh with these tires on wet roads and temperatures between 35F -45F, in Sport mode with cabin set from 65-70F.

205/55/16 tire size.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Any traction issues with your P7s at those temperatures? Pirelli sets the limit at 7 deg C/44 deg F, so I have been avoiding driving my SE when it is below that temperature. (First time I have had summer-only tires, so no personal experience to go on.)

SameGuy likes this.
  6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I've been driving my Goodyears through the winter. They have the same recommendation. I had to take the car out when it was below zero Fahrenheit (three bad radiators out of the box for my 1 series with winter tires). Yeah, its a little slick when dry. I believe the technical term is they become hockey pucks. I expect premature wear because of this. That's why I started the run flat thread.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

Thanks, yes, I have seen that technical term. However, I can't say that I could tell any difference when I drove to work this morning at 39 deg F.

Since it was chilly, I decided to check the tire temperature using my IR thermometer. Inside our unheated-but-attached-and-insulated garage, it started at 55 deg F, but dropped to about 50 deg F after a mile or so through the neighborhood at 25 mph. It was about the same at the end of my commute, the last 8 or so miles of which was at 35 then 25 mph. When I got home yesterday, a couple of miles off the interstate, it was about 15 degrees above ambient. I'm therefore thinking that it would have to be close (r) to freezing, and/or the car were parked outdoors and/or driven fairly slowly for the actual tread temperature to approach the transition point.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    SameGuy and Tommm like this.
  9. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    I've driven when the outside temp was around 20F a few times in the morning. I didn't really notice any problems with traction on back roads, but i wasn't trying to push it hard. I have only taken it to work in dry conditions so far.

SameGuy and CuriousGeorge like this.
  10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I generally heed the recommendations for temperature ranges. AS tires get hard and unpredictable at 7°/45° while HPS tires indeed become hockey pucks. But in the fall I did have the car out on the F1s a few times when temps dropped into the 30s and I honestly didn’t notice much difference. Perhaps being wary, I likely didn’t give the car more than 5/10ths.

11. CuriousGeorge

I don't know if ssmini is still around/got their answer, but that's a lot of phantom drain (and which no one else seems to have commented on). My car shows absolutely zero change when parked for multiple days.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Same here, although I have noticed a couple of times that if it’s sitting at 100 for a few days, when I roll out, by the time I get to the bottom of my driveway 30 feet away, it already says 99%. I am wondering if it has something to do with it constantly hunting for a stronger cell signal when it’s in my garage. I’m already in a bit of a weak zone for LTE here (two bars on my iPhone) and the garage has insulated metal doors. Frequently when I send commands to the car from the app or with Alexa it tells me it cannot execute them.

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe MINI's cell radio is powered by the 12-Volt battery. Does the SE's traction battery charge the 12-Volt battery while the car is turned off?

15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Yes it does, I know from experience. I used to get "battery drain" warnings because my fob in my pocket was causing button presses and my car was parked close enough to activate, so it would keep the 12 V battery charged to compensate.

insightman and SameGuy like this.
  16. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

25F to 40F

16" Nokian hakkapiilita R5 on rally wheels

Factory cross bars with roof basket

3.5 mi to 4 mi/kwh