Mini Cooper SE no "intelligent cruise control"?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by 1nickatnite1, Nov 30, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    OTOH, the one thing I do prefer on the MINI is the stop & go function. In every other car I’ve driven with ACC, after the car brings itself to a complete stop in traffic, the cruise control shuts off after three seconds and you must have your foot on the brake pedal to avoid creeping forward; when traffic begins moving again, you must hit the gas pedal to get rolling, and then push the resume button for ACC to take over again. With our cars, the ACC will bring the car to a complete stop and not continue rolling forward (although in most cases it is wise to put your foot on the brake pedal to activate the brake lights for safety’s sake), but when traffic begins moving again all you have to do is tap to go pedal and the ACC system takes over again.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BackPack

BackPack Member

I personally hate active cruise control on any car. I wish MINI had a way to change to regular cruise control like my Sequoia. I want to be in control of the car. I really dislike when someone pulls in front of me and the car thinks they’re too close and slows down, even though there’s plenty of space.

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Push and hold either the up or down button for a few seconds and it switches to regular cruise control. However, it doesn’t have a memory and you have to do this every time you engage cruise. But yes, that is my exact dislike for this camera-based system: it hits the brakes when a normal driver wouldn’t.

GvilleGuy likes this.