Number of SEs at dealerships or "arriving soon"

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CuriousGeorge, Nov 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

I wish we had some inventory in Canada

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

I assume it's possible to track what's available up there? Divergence between the Canadian and US inventories would suggest that passage of the IRA is contributing to the relative abundance of SEs down here.

4. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Between the IRA and the loss of the Signature trim, the cost of the Base model has increased $12k or more then 50% in 6 months.

CuriousGeorge and Godfrey like this.
  5. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

Sounds like the existing MINI SE owners aren't touting the benefits of the SE enough to their friends, given that the 2023 is the last SE that will be built in the UK for a while. ;)

6. MrSnrub

No inventory up here in Canada 32 listed nationwide but those are likely all spoken for. I do see more on the roads though

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I was at my dealer yesterday and their lot is full of cars again. It doesn't seem like the increase in inventory is solely an SE issue.

9. CuriousGeorge

US nationwide inventory of all models has been flat for about the last month.

IOW, SEs are growing percentage of the total.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  10. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I saw like 4-5 available SE's at Mini of Alexandria at the beginning of the week when I went in for service.

11. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

It’s almost like the confluence of supply chain issues relaxing a bit and significantly higher auto loan interest rates have an effect on the market. Who’d a thunk it?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MrSnrub

That and the price of fuel has really dropped. I wonder how many orders were cancelled because of the spotty US rebate scheme ?

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I would say "canceled," rather than "spotty." It makes sense that the end of the $7,500 tax credit for the MINI Cooper SE had an effect on sales. The termination of the lowest-priced Signature model didn't help sales, either.

15. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

It also makes sense that the high SE demand (evidence the long period with zero test drive availability) caused MINI to up the number of production slots for SEs and/or caused dealers to use more of their open slots for SEs.

This whole question has been discussed as nauseam in the tax credit thread. Ultimately, without actual sales figures, we just don’t know… but some folks really like their pet doom & gloom narrative.

SameGuy and teslarati97 like this.
  16. CuriousGeorge

Again, why the histrionics?

17. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

There are 8 used SEs within 30 miles of me. And all in the mid 30's

18. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

1k price drop.

mini used.JPG

19. MrSnrub

These were prob dealer demos

20. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Or Motoring Assistant employee special 12-month 0.9% leases

21. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    My MA drives a '22 JCW F60. Things must be quite ok.

22. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I thought there are no SEs leasable in the US ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Not for us regular consumers! Maybe they pocked the $7,500 tax credit and then sold it back to the dealer the next year.