Iconic 2.0 trim loses Alarm & Active Cruise as of Nov production

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by fishbert, Oct 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

But they make terrible storm chasing cars. Hail is too prevalent where I live to have a glass roof. I take a risk having a moonroof that opens, but in that case, I'm trading the delight of driving with all of the windows open, with the risk of having to replace the moonroof.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Glass roof reduces headroom by about 1inch. The floors are the same height as regular mini. They raised the ride height via taller springs

4. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

That’s a moonroof, I’m talking about fixed glass roofs (Teslas, Taycan, Mach-e, etc.). And if somehow I were not clear, I am not a fan of them!

5. MrSnrub

I’ve replaced those glass panels. It’s not what you think. There is lots of structural bits around where the glass sits and the glass itself is suspended in its own structure. it’s a Different roof panel slick top vs glass.

6. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the moonroof on the Mini Cooper?
    Re: fixed pano roofs, if you look at specs from Ford (for instance) the fixed glass gives more headroom over the standard metal roof.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrSnrub

I’ve driven Audi , Porsche etc with a helmet and the glass roof and I didn’t fit. Solid roof I fit fine. The mini with pano roof and helmet is impossible

Ford doesn’t appear on my radar as they are a useless brand. I’m just speaking from personal experience

SameGuy likes this.
  9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Why only glass roof build one bedroom on top of SE like this guy did . CEC8F194-DBA7-401D-96FB-DBA7CFCFB30F.jpeg CEC8F194-DBA7-401D-96FB-DBA7CFCFB30F.jpeg o

10. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Looks like the new colors are up on the MINI configurator already.

11. Aprime

Aprime Member

They weren’t available according to my sales rep. I’ve recently followed up with corporate just to make sure we weren't lied to on this too.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

The Clarity gets me with that ALL THE TIME. You need a chime after some set period of time to notify you that you are still under your set point or something.

insightman likes this.
  14. Cindy B

Cindy B Member

Just a note: The ACC works poorly in general since it is camera only. I would recommend checking out the Mini SE page on Facebook for lots of posts on the subject. (It's almost worthless here in sunny Arizona or if there's traffic in nearby lanes.) If you add blind spot mirrors to the side mirrors the lack of park assist wouldn't be a huge issue. The back up camera works great unless it is pitch black outside. We have park assist and have yet to use it :) All that said, the Iconic trim probably never was worth it in general unless there were specific features only available on the Iconic trim level you really wanted.

15. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

The parking assistance is the thing that beeps for the front and back right? (back beeping is standard, right?) I have a hard time believing that you don't find that useful.

The auto parallel parking is something different I think, but I don't remember the name for it. That option seems fairly useless.

Cindy B likes this.
  16. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I think Park Assist is for automatic parallel parking.

MINIpark.gif

Cindy B, MichaelC and Qisl like this.
  17. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That's exactly how it works in my SE :D:D. Until the 2022 LCI there was no alarm or ACC option for the SE, things are going full-circle. Makes one wonder what the Chinese version will have for options.

teslarati97 likes this.
  18. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I looked it up and you're right. I was thinking of park distance control.

19. Cindy B

Cindy B Member

Correct, it was the Park Assist I was referring to in my earlier post. With blind spot mirrors, the back-up camera, and the park distance control, the Park Assist is a gimmick and of little value IMHO.