Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I liked the MINI Electric dash panels on the demo cars I drove, then long after I ordered the car my wife saw a picture and thought they looked really cheesy and I started to worry a little bit. When I got the car, she admitted it looks OK (and I think it looks really cool), and everybody who has jumped into the car for a test drive pointed it out right away, and said it looks cool.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I’m pretty sure it was the flux capacitor….

Aquavir likes this.
  4. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

I like your template:

Headlights ARE fantastic!

I'm happy with the lounge leather; I was afraid it would be too soft, but it is very firm and seems durable, and the punched-out Union Jacks on the headrests are sweet.

HK system doesn't have quite the punch as the one in my Subaru, but car also doesn't have the subwoofer mounted in above the trunk.

Ditto with the acceleration; plenty of kick without being as ridiculous as my parent's Tesla.

Having the control knob, shortcut buttons, and touch screen is great; wish there was a way to snap back to CarPlay.

I've actually had a bunch of different types of rain over the last 2 weeks, and have had varying degrees of success with the auto-wipers; it definitely beats messing with the intermittent wiper speed in my other cars, but still requires some baby sitting. I'm looking forward to flushing out the OEM wiper fluid and switching to RainX.

I think the tinting looks sweet, but it's not my thing.

Additionally:

My only real complaint is the phone charger. It bakes my phone and after a half hour or so CarPlay starts to glitch. I'll only be using it in emergencies.

Otherwise, I like how seamlessly CarPlay connects and works. However, when I'm going someplace I don't really know I'm going to use the MINI nav as the directions in the HUD are beautiful and clear.

The "trunk" fits 4 large grocery bags perfectly, and I can still drive the car without things shifting. It also works perfectly for my 33 lbs dog with the 60% flipped down and an Amazon Basics soft sided carrier slid in place. I also keep the cargo floor in the high position, allowing me to fit everything I need for emergencies, etc. tucked away, so there is zero clutter.

It's cheesy, but I like the "MINI" projection from the driver side mirror.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. SameGuy

YUL
    I programmed hot button 1 to take me to CarPlay.

Aquavir likes this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Same! Button 1 = CarPlay. With CarPlay on your screen press and hold one of the buttons to save it.

It is interesting to read the impressions of drivers over a year after I got mine. I'm seeing the same feelings I had.

CoachCookie and Aquavir like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Patiently waiting for @DJCoopster to change his icon….

DJCoopster, WildHare65 and Aquavir like this.
  9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I consider the "MINI" logo projection elegant, not cheesy. I wish I could Bimmercode it to work on both sides of my SE!

Aquavir likes this.
  10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I am with cheezy. But the whole car is cheezy. Think about it. The original mini was basic transportation in post war europe. No different than the isettas, 500s, and big ol beetles. Fast forward 50 years and it like the beetle or vw van (we had a 1960 during the first gas crunch, to supplement his wildcat. what a POS, when it died my dad gave a sigh of relief) are now cult cars. Fast forward a little more and it is a car that old folks like us think is hip. ie We can change colors on the dash - cheezy, but fun. Mirror lights up the logo - cheezy but fun. The so called rules - cheezy but fun.

Ahh, the power of madison avenue!

While we have all this fun with the cheezy things we, as proper cult members love about the car, we must remember one thing:
    IT IS NOT A CLOWN CAR!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    insightman, polyphonic and Aquavir like this.
  11. insightman

and now we have a MINI that goes fast forward--and fast around curves, too!

In the mid-80s I had a 1968 Morris Mini Moke in which I wanted to install a 1275cc Mini engine, but never did because those engines were expensive and the open-air Moke was fun enough as-is.

upload_2022-9-13_17-45-55.png

How amazed I would have been back then had I been able to experience the power, handling, and silent operation of my MINI Cooper SE! Maybe some features might be considered cheezy, but the car itself (including the EV retrofit) is an engineering marvel IMO. It's a sports car from the past that has reached forward to grab a piece of the future.

azausa, SameGuy, Tommm and 1 other person like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Done.

It's in memoriam of our time in this thread. Unfortunately I have both a bad LED segment and the AGS is loose on the left/driver side.

Mini really needs to get a handle on the AGS being loose in the majority of these cars.

wally3, MichaelC, polyphonic and 5 others like this.
  14. She's home! What a blast to drive. Kind of makes that blue one look, well, um, mini...

IMG_0448.jpeg IMG_0450.jpeg IMG_0453.jpeg

MichaelC, Hatch, abrandt and 8 others like this.
  15. SameGuy

YUL
    Friday will be six weeks since I took delivery, and it doesn’t really matter how I try to track down my MA (just like during the long waiting period between ordering and delivery), I have not been able to get him to arrange a service appointment to sort the loose shutter and to install my ordered-and-paid-for mudflap sets.

16. insightman

Congrats! It sounds like you agree with most of us that this is a car worth waiting for.

As for the difference in the sizes of your MINIs, that's small compared with the difference between a Mini and a MINI.

upload_2022-9-14_15-16-21.png

wally3, Hatch, abrandt and 2 others like this.
  17. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

That’s so annoying after 10 weeks in “Quality Check”

18. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

What dealer ??

19. SameGuy

YUL
    I won’t name & shame here, but let’s just say it’s Montreal, in the middle. ;)

ETA: my MA was on his two week honeymoon in Europe the weeks before and after I took delivery, came in for a couple of weeks, travelled again to Colombia the first week of September, and the sales assistant told me today he’s out sick since last week until the 26th. Nobody in Service knows how to look at a sales contract, the work order needs to be initiated by the MA (I thought he already had), and there’s no notes anywhere. The very nice sales assistant is now doing her best to sort this out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. MrSnrub

Yep no surprises from that place…. I will never purchase a car from them. Terrible service since the dawn of time unless you purchase a new 750il every 3 years

SameGuy likes this.
  21. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

That is a dealership level failure.

SameGuy likes this.
  22. MrSnrub

This dealer is well known for being SHITE

SameGuy likes this.
  23. SameGuy

YUL