Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

She is here!!!! Fun drive of 4 lane highway driving in DC getting used to regenerative breaking lol, but she is a blast to drive :) 6425F623-FD3E-4C79-81BA-8593F000FF56.jpeg

-Amanda, WildHare65, Hatch and 9 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Congrats!

We're leaving soon heading to Cinci to get mine.

Hatch, insightman, wally3 and 2 others like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's obvious from your photo that your beautiful SE has had every bit of its quality controlled!

Hatch, Aquavir, wally3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. DJCoopster

Mines PXL_20220910_203814365.jpg

-Amanda, WildHare65, MichaelC and 7 others like this.
  6. DJCoopster

Grabbing maybe 15% from a Ford dealership to ensure I can get home on the highway. PXL_20220910_230043727.jpg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

I hope you grabbed enough so your first drive didn't have to be in Green+ mode. Your dealer failed you if they didn't plug it in as soon as it came off the truck.

BackPack likes this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Mine was at 100% when I took delivery, and the app shows that they added 6 KWh at the dealership, so these are coming off the ship with a pretty full charge.

wally3 likes this.
  10. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

This thread is like a good movie, and we're at the happy resolution part before the credits. Love the different specs, which all look so good! I realized I never posted a proper pic of Ralph, so here you go:
    IMG_2322.jpeg

11. DJCoopster

It was at 100%, they charged it overnight for me. I ended up not really needing the 10% I put in, got home with 20%, but driving 75 on the highway with a/c on I just wanted a little safety net.

Love it. That punch at 30mph in sport mode feels GREAT. The lights are amazing. Very comfortable both in seating and driving.

Gotta go update the tracking spreadsheet for the last time.

-Amanda, polyphonic, wally3 and 5 others like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DJCoopster

LOL, great analogy!!

All the cars look great, all the colors are beautiful.

wally3, Hatch and Aquavir like this.
  14. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Yeah, and the auto high beams actually work, unlike our Odyssey on which the feature is useless (unless you like blinding people).

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

In 52 years of driving in all over EU and in USA my high beams were use only to alert people from police traps radars or you use them driving deserted roads and try to hit a deer or rabbit to make good food.

Aquavir likes this.
  16. DJCoopster

I do have 1 small problem with mine so far. The segment of LED ambient lighting to the right of the center display appears to have the red LEDs not functioning so it doesn't follow the color out should be set to. It's maybe an 8" section.

It's not worth a 2 hour drive to the dealership but I'll check with the BMW dealership close to work and see if they will address it.

17. insightman

And all these months I believed your SE was going through a quality check! Are there separate LEDs for each color? I assumed MINI used multicolor LEDs.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  18. DJCoopster

Multicolor are almost always composed of 3 separate segments in a single housing. My guess it the red driver for that segment is dead.

Here's a closeup of an Adafruit Neopixel
    [​IMG]

Aquavir and insightman like this.
  19. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Is anyone else from the QC crew still waiting for their car?

Barbouille and wally3 like this.
  20. KCMOEV

KCMOEV Member

Yep I am in KC - car is in transit so hoping it’s end of this week

21. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

You are earning that puzzle :) Look forward to seeing your car pic here!

22. Eric Larson

Eric Larson Member

[​IMG]

I picked up mine yesterday also. I love the car, but I was also hit with the "Stuck in Quality Control" Double Whammy. I was told the California Clean Air $750 credit also expired on Sept 1. That QC delay cost $8250.

23. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Oof!