Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. wally3

wally3 Active Member

At the dealer now - waiting for them too open….

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. wally3

wally3 Active Member

getting closer - so much paperwork

1E0BC678-8982-4832-AC4E-2B4F06E3BB4F.jpeg

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I really do love BRG IV! I’m happy with my IBM, but I’d be equally happy with the green. So excited for you!

GetOffYourGas, abrandt and wally3 like this.
  5. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Took just over 2 hours. But the time has flown since then!

3A68BA34-1392-48FF-B0E8-E0ACB2B0DD2C.jpeg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Now that we're not kids waiting for Christmas, nothing can make time go slower than waiting for your SE (or your SE's paperwork to be complete). I can't believe I've been driving my SE for 2 years already!

Aquavir and wally3 like this.
  9. Eric Larson

Eric Larson Member

Woo Hoo! Mine is at the port. Made it to California. Now just the final journey from Southern Cal to Northern Cal.

GvilleGuy, abrandt, Hatch and 4 others like this.
  10. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

I'm renting a flatbed truck and headed toward Baltimore to find my car on the lot at the BMW/Mini processing center and taking it to my Mini dealer in Cinci.

Well, I want to.

I'm hoping it does get on a truck to Cinci this week so I can pick it up Saturday, however based on not much going right in the process all along, I'm expecting it to be a week from Saturday instead.

Aquavir and abrandt like this.

11. I was looking at the history for Baltimore on the Delivery Spreadsheet and it looks like about 5-10 days on average from arrival in port to en-route to dealership. Hoping for the shorter end of that range. My MA says they also don't get the MSO for the car for a couple of days after it arrives. Not sure if you need that for Mini financing, but I need it for my bank - 3.89% vs 6.99% is well worth a couple of days waiting.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Can you grab mine too? I'm within 45 minutes of the port. Hardly out of your way....

This last stretch is killing me lol

14. DJCoopster

2 Minis definitely fit in the space of a regular vehicle, so yeah I'll toss both on the back.

Aquavir and abrandt like this.
  15. you can have it lol i'll ship it to ya.

I sure did! She's got some get'up that's for sure.

Finally got the level 2 charger installed in the garage! Finally going to be able to use her as a daily driver

Aquavir, wally3 and Hatch like this.
  16. DJCoopster

I think I posted this like 20 pages ago.
    upload_2022-9-7_11-4-9.jpeg

insightman, abrandt, revorg and 2 others like this.
  17. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Hang in there guys. Totally worth the wait. I’m loving this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

18. DJCoopster

My MA just said mine is scheduled into Cincinnati on Monday the 12th. Looks like a week from Saturday the 17th is the soonest I can get it based on work schedules.

I'm not surprised, 10 more days from now, hopefully.

Still faster than Brits get theirs.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    SameGuy, abrandt and Aquavir like this.
  19. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I’m “in Transit”, so should be at dealership tomorrow. Need to get info on best way to provide payment, as they didn’t respond to me last week. Hope to get that figured out tomorrow, otherwise will be Tuesday at the earliest I can get the car.

20. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    My next-door neighbor finally took the wheel for a short drive. He’s the head mechanic and service department foreman at a large MB dealership, and his daily duties include purposely flogging Maybachs and GTs… and he was honestly pleasantly surprised by the quality of materials, fit and finish, and delighted by the ride, handling, and torque. This car punches way above its weight class.

revorg, insightman, MichaelC and 5 others like this.
  21. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Got a hold of a human today. Picking up the car Saturday morning. They emailed me an updated buyers agreement. My usual sales person is out. The new guy was chatting me up about me coming in Saturday morning for pickup and I was like "Thats great (monotone voice). How come the processing fee went up $400?". He quickly got me a new agreement and some how came out ahead $5 lol

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    MichaelC and wally3 like this.
  22. Eric Larson

Eric Larson Member

Does anyone know if the $250 we put down to order our cars is applied to the final price?

23. Mine was. Pretty sure that it said it would be when I paid online...but I can't be absolutely sure about that.