Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Thanks; I figured I would go with a classic looks. I was actually going back and forth between the MINI SE and the Civic Si (one last MT car would be nice), even ordered the Civic Si, but asked to be released from that contract to get the MINI (partially because the Civic wasn't going to come in until August...). And I went with the same basic color combination I had chosen for the Honda. I'm sure I'll love it, but seeing all the cool choices everyone else here has made has given me a few minutes of pause, wondering if I should have chosen something else.

Good luck picking something, and getting it in a reasonable amount of time!

Xin Dai likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Horizon Highway is at port! Waiting for the next delay - honestly I am a bit surprised we didn't have a tropical storm or other disaster....

abrandt and Aquavir like this.
  4. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Yeah, there was a line of thunderstorms coming through the area yesterday afternoon (after my car arrived at the dealer), and I kept picturing it sitting in the lot getting pummeled with hail!

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Well, if your SE is destined to be pummeled with hail, you'd definitely want it to happen before you took delivery.

Aquavir likes this.
  6. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

True. Luckily damaging hail isn't generally a thing here, but it would have fit the pattern of this thread. :)

abrandt, wally3 and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Unloaded and ‘at the port’ in Galveston within the last hour!

9. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

I found last night that they have changed the MINI app (which I installed on my iPhone months ago). You can now add your car before delivery and set some of the nav stuff. I have to wait for Tuesday to truly sync it.

IMG_2573.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Eric Larson and abrandt like this.
  10. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Dealer just called today they expect my car at any minute. They were hoping I could come finalize everything by end of the month….ha! Also asked him to make a final offer of anything they can do for me. Likely not able to get it until Saturday but more details to come…

insightman, abrandt, Aquavir and 3 others like this.
  11. Eric Larson

Eric Larson Member

Yippee! Congrats everyone on your new cars!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

I'm kind of thinking I can get mine late next week. Baltimore to Cinci is 1 day by truck supposedly. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath based on how this has gone.

14. wally3

wally3 Active Member

So i got free tinting and ceramic coating - not a lot but better than nothing at all. Let me know how you all fared - also still holding out hope for the $7500 - feels like we met the spirit of the law and hopefully that’s enough….

Tommm, abrandt, Aquavir and 1 other person like this.
  15. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Meet Ralph

IMG_2578.JPG

16. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

17. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

I had been second guessing my color choice seeing everyone’s pics on here for the last 6 months, but the white silver is really cool in person, definitely smack dab between white and silver. Car was definitely worth the wait.

18. wally3

wally3 Active Member

I think you are the first of us to make it free! Congrats!

19. Welp we made it to the dealership. Wish it was a happier moment but likely going to pass unless the dealership throws in some goodies (highly unlikely, but you never know). I'll still make my way over so I can at least test drive it before making the final decision.

20. wally3

wally3 Active Member

My MA had previously said that anything he could offer would be laughable at best. Today I reminded him and said ‘make me laugh’ - that’s when he came back with tinting and ceramic coating….not a whole lot but better than nothing….

21. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Your SE has been waiting a long time to meet you and it will do its best to capture your heart. Even if you don't get married, at least you'll have the honor of being its first date. I'm sure you'll leave a lasting impression.

22. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Yeah, turn off the TC and punch it. That will leave an impression on the tires, and the tracks on the concrete (a la my cousin vinny) and sore neck will surely leave an impression with your salesperson.

Who said an EV doesn't make any noise? I pity the fool!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    Aquavir likes this.